4 people are interested
Service Dog Non Profit looking for Board Members
ORGANIZATION: CANINES FOR CHANGE INC
Please visit the new page to apply.
4 people are interested
Canines for Change is a 501c3 non profit seeking Board members with experience sitting on non profit boards. Ideal candidates will have the following characteristics:
- A desire to fundraise to ensure the organization’s continued financial stability.
- Personal financial giving.
- Project management, team management, and facilitation skills.
- love of dogs and their power to heal humans.
- Nonprofit governance experience.
- Experience with budgets and finances of nonprofit organizations (this is helpful but not necessary)
- Experience with grant writing on behalf of nonprofit organizations (this is helpful but not necessary)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
More opportunities with CANINES FOR CHANGE INC
No additional volunteer opportunities at this time.
About CANINES FOR CHANGE INC
10753 COUNTRYSIDE DR, GRAND LEDGE, MI 48837, US
Canines for Change, Inc. is committed to improving the lives of others by providing service dogs for those in need of physical assistance, including those with epilepsy, traumatic brain injuries, PTSD, diabetes, autism and more. Our dogs go through a year of generalized training before working on specific tasks such as alerting when there is a problem, pressing buttons to call for help, retrieving medical kits, using magnets to activate heart devices and many more tasks. This training takes several months and is specialized for each client receiving a dog. After pairing dogs and people, dogs receive team training with their person and are tested to ensure that they are performing their tasks as needed. Once the training is complete our dogs are certified and are ready to use their life enhancing and lifesaving skills to help their people!
Canines for change is always looking for volunteers to raise puppies and train dogs but now we are looking to expand our public relations and fundraising. Our goal is to raise funds so that those in need will not have to pay the thousands of dollars it cost for training and vet care. Help us with our mew goal by volunteering for our fundraising team!
This is a Virtual Opportunity with no fixed address.
February 20, 2023
- Strategic Planning
- Community Outreach
- Administrative Support
- Program Management
- IT Consulting
- People 55+
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 30
- Orientation or Training
- 2 hours a week