5 people are interested
Capital City Hospice Seeking Hospice Companion Volunteer
ORGANIZATION: Queen, Capital, Miracle, Day City Hospices
Please visit the new page to apply.
5 people are interested
Are you a compassionate and empathetic individual with a passion for making a meaningful difference in the lives of others? If so, we have an incredible opportunity for you to join our team as a Hospice Companion Volunteer. This unique role allows you to provide comfort, companionship, and support to patients in their final stages of life, creating a positive and peaceful environment during their journey.
- Be a Source of Comfort: Offer a compassionate presence and emotional support to patients and their families, actively listening to their concerns and providing comfort during their time of need.
- Foster Connection: Engage in friendly conversations, share stories, and provide companionship to patients, easing their feelings of loneliness and isolation.
- Create Lasting Memories: Assist patients in fulfilling their end-of-life wishes, whether it's listening to their favorite music, reading their treasured books, or engaging in meaningful activities that bring them joy.
- Support Families: Offer respite to family caregivers by sitting with patients, providing relief, and allowing them time to take care of their own needs.
- Emotional Support: Offer a caring presence, holding space for patients and their families as they navigate the emotional challenges of this sensitive time.
- Collaborate with the Hospice Team: Communicate observations and concerns to the hospice staff, working together to ensure the best possible care and support for each patient.
- Compassion and Empathy: Demonstrate genuine care and empathy for individuals facing end-of-life challenges and their families.
- Excellent Listening Skills: Be attentive and patient, offering a listening ear and validating the emotions of patients and their loved ones.
- Respect for Diversity: Show respect and understanding for different cultures, beliefs, and backgrounds.
- Boundaries and Confidentiality: Understand and maintain appropriate boundaries, ensuring patient confidentiality at all times.
- Reliability and Flexibility: Be dependable and punctual, with the ability to adapt to changing schedules and patient needs.
- Fulfillment and Meaning: Make a significant impact on the lives of patients and their families during a challenging time, leaving a lasting legacy of compassion and support.
- Training and Support: Receive comprehensive training and ongoing support from our hospice team to ensure you feel confident and prepared in your role.
- Personal Growth: Gain valuable experience in end-of-life care, communication skills, and emotional intelligence, enhancing your personal and professional development.
- Flexible Schedule: We offer a variety of shifts and scheduling options to accommodate your availability.
- Community: Join a compassionate community of volunteers, staff, and healthcare professionals who share a common goal of providing comfort and dignity to those in need.
If you'd like to start your journey to making a difference and giving back, you can reach us the following ways:
- Visit our website at https://app.betterimpact.com/Application?OrganizationGuid=e7f1ad03-fa2c-4213-886f-1a497c99d071&ApplicationFormNumber=1
- Call into our office at (614) 441-9300 and ask to speak to one of our Volunteer Coordinators
- Send us an email! We can be reached at CCH-VC@addus.com
Join us in providing compassionate care and support to those in their final stages of life. Together, we can make a meaningful difference and bring comfort to those who need it most.
About Queen, Capital, Miracle, Day City Hospices
4605 Duke Dr, Suite 220, Mason, OH 45040, US
Our hospices focus on improving the quality of life of all patients, allowing them to make the most of the time they have. The hospice benefit is designed for patients who have a life expectancy of approximately six months, and we work hard to provide exceptional physical, emotional, social and spiritual support to the patient, family and facilities involved form the beginning to the end of their hospice journey.
Queen, Capital, Miracle, and Day City Hospices are dedicated to providing patient-centered care and support to residents of the Greater Cincinnati, Greater Columbus, Greater Cleveland, and Greater Dayton areas in whatever place they call home.
Multiple locations New Albany, OH 43054
October 25, 2023
- Elder care
- Hospice Care
- Veteran Care
- Community Outreach
- People Skills
- Relationship Building
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 17
- Orientation or Training
- Capital City Hospice Volunteers become part of our patients Physician Plan of care and part of our care-team. Volunteers let us know their desired schedule - this can be weekly, biweekly or more frequently.
- If you have a heart for being the change, we would love to meet you! Pet Therapy, musical interludes, knowledge of geriatric exercise, storytelling, reading, leading a craft- all of these and more can make the difference in our patients lives.