Please visit the new page to apply.
Recruiting Organization: Youth Assisting Youth
Youth Assisting Youth (YAY) is a non-for-profit organization that gives youth an opportunity to volunteer in their community. For over 44 years, it has paired volunteer young adult mentors aged 16-29, with youth ages 6-15 to engage in activities to develop mind, body, character, and leadership skills. Our non-profit connects volunteers to meaningful mentorship experiences that profoundly impact the most vulnerable youth and their families in communities across Toronto and York Region areas.
We are currently looking for some Mentors:
- Peer mentors are young adults aged 16-29 who act as positive role models to help at-risk and newcomer kids aged 6-15 to reach their full potential.
- Individuals that can be a Role Model & have fun bonding with the youth while engaging in social and/or academic activities
- Someone that can spend spend 3 hours a week for one whole year with a youth
- We will do a Vulnerable Sector Police Check with you
- We also ask for two references that you have known for at least 6 months
- There will be training sessions provided
The youth you will be paired up with will have similar hobbies and interests to you. They will also live nearby to your location. We make it very easy for you to have an enjoyable time by providing chances of many trips and event.
Areas we serve: NORTH YORK, YORK REGION, SCARBOROUGH, DOWNTOWN TORONTO, ETOBICOKE (ONTARIO, CANADA ONLY)
- Gain valuable experience, build a better resume and have more references
- Get trained, get a certificate, get scholarship opportunities
- Make a concrete difference, figure out what you want to do in the future
- Attend free events and get tickets to: Raptors, Blue Jays, Argos and Maple Leaf games, Wonderland, bowling and much more.
To book your training sessions please email Romey Simon Sebastiampillai at email@example.com.
Language/Cultral Support AvailableFalse
Fee Amount: None
This opportunity is recurring
389 5th Ave, 9th Floor, New York, NY 11109, US
To bridge the gap between intention and action in order to bring about social impact.
Idealist is a leading online global resource for finding jobs in the nonprofit sector, as well as volunteer opportunities and graduate school programs for social impact.
5734 Yonge StreetUnit #400Toronto, ON M2M 4E7Canada
October 14, 2022
- WEEKENDS, FEW_HOURS_WEEK