6 people are interested
Become a Small Business Mentor in West Hartford, CT!
ORGANIZATION: SCORE Greater Hartford
Please visit the new page to apply.
6 people are interested
Help small businesses reach their goals as a SCORE Mentor in West Hartford, CT. Mentors provide free business advice and education to aspiring entrepreneurs and existing business owners.
What you’ll do:
- Advise small business owners and aspiring entrepreneurs
- Guide clients in developing business plans and business growth
- Share business knowledge, experience, and practical "know-how"
- Inspire business owners to achieve their ownership dreams
As a mentor, you’ll help clients solve problems, make businesses more efficient, and assist with developing long-term business plans. Additionally, you may discover new sources of insight and knowledge to help your own business and leadership style. Teaching others how to manage people or projects, along with illustrating ways to succeed in other aspects of business, could inspire you to continue with your own professional growth-all of this while helping your local community.
Why should I volunteer with SCORE?
The reasons to volunteer range from professional development to personal gratification. At SCORE, you get it all. You will grow and expand as a business professional working with small businesses. You can also directly help individual entrepreneurs achieve success. Ultimately, you will know that you have made a positive impact on business owners in your community.
What should I expect as a SCORE volunteer?
As a SCORE Volunteer, you will be part of a large, highly-respected, national non-profit organization dedicated to the growth of small businesses across the U.S. You will work with many great people, all with a common vision to support small business owners. You will have the support and infrastructure of a local chapter and national headquarters to give you the tools and opportunities to excel as a volunteer.
What skills are you looking for?
Apply today if you have expertise in any business topic, including but not limited to:
- websites and more
How much time would you expect?
It is very flexible. Typical mentors offer 3-4 hours a week but some offer less and some more. You get to define your schedule.
How do I get started?
We would love to tell you more about how to share your specialized expertise with a local small business owners. Simply click the "I WANT TO HELP" button above and we’ll get you connected to our local SCORE chapter chair.
About SCORE Greater Hartford
280 Trumbull St, Hartford, CT 06103, US
SCORE, a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization, is dedicated to helping small businesses get off the ground, grow and achieve their goals through education and mentoring. Our mission is to foster vibrant small business communities through mentoring and education.
SCORE, America's premier source of free and confidential small business advice for entrepreneurs and small businesses, is a nonprofit resource partner with the U.S. Small Business Administration (SBA). We have over 300 SCORE offices across the country and 10,000 volunteers offering free business mentoring and low- or no-cost workshops.
For over 50 years, SCORE's thousands of working and retired business professionals have volunteered to support the success of small business nationwide. SCORE business mentoring is free and confidential.
- Free, confidential business mentoring in person, via email or by video
- Volunteer mentors who share their expertise across industries
- Free business tools, templates and tips online
- Inexpensive or free business workshops (locally) and webinars (online 24/7)
Multiple locations West Hartford, CT 06107
January 8, 2024
- Marketing Strategy & Planning
- Business Planning
- Business Analysis
- Financial Planning
- Professional Development
- It is very flexible. Typical mentors offer 3-4 hours a week but some offer less and some more. You get to define your schedule.
- Apply today if you have expertise in any business topic, including but not limited to finance, marketing, accounting, management, technology, strategy, websites and more.