5 people are interested
Peoria Senior Center looking for your help
ORGANIZATION: FSL Helping You Live Independently
Please visit the new page to apply.
5 people are interested
IMPORTANCE OF THE WORK TO THE ORGANIZATION: Excellence and quality are vital to the service we provide at FSL. The Senior Center Helper is important to make sure we offer excellent service by assisting the Center Administration to provide fun, engaging, and exciting activities and programs for our guests.
STATEMENT OF WORK: Under the supervision of the Center Director, the Senior Center Helper rotates in leading guests through a variety of daily programs and activities like Bingo Caller, Activities Leader (we welcome your talent for arts & crafts, games, exercise options, parties, celebrations, dancing, music, etc.), Home Delivered Meals (HDM) Driver, HDM Aide, and Kitchen Aide. The Center operates Monday-Friday between 8 am and 5 pm.
About FSL Helping You Live Independently
1201 E. Thomas Rd., Phoenix, AZ 85014, US
FSL, a non-profit health and human services organization, has been caring for Arizonans since 1974. Our mission is to provide home and community-based services and develop energy-efficient, affordable housing to promote health, independence, and dignity for all. Our vision is a caring community that promotes the health and well-being of all.
Helping You Live Independently
For more than 45 years, FSL has been caring for Arizonans. Our mission is to provide home and community-based services and develop energy-efficient, affordable housing to promote health, independence, and dignity for all. We do this by providing:
- Safe Home: We develop both single- and multi-family homes, and we manage multi-family affordable housing complexes and residential behavioral Health Therapeutic Home Programs.
- Nutritious Meals: We provide 375,000 pounds of food to families in need from our two food pantries in the rural Arizona towns of Wickenberg and Williams. Additionally, we serve nearly 800 congregate and home-delivered meals to Arizonans each day.
- Health & Wellness: We provide home and community-based services to enhance independence for Arizonans of all ages, including adult day health, Medicare-certified home health, and other non-medical services.
- Education: We educate clients, family and professional caregivers, and members of the community in an effort to empower them to maintain and enhance independence for themselves, their loved ones, and their clients.
Contact us today to see how you can help us make life better for people in your community!
8335 W JeffersonPeoria CAP Senior CenterPeoria, AZ 85345
November 15, 2023
- People Skills
- Relationship Building
- Verbal / Written Communication
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- We are seeking volunteers interested in committing up to a year between Monday and Friday during business hours (between 8 am and 4 pm).
- Prefer volunteers with a specialized skill they would like to share with the older adults who attend the center, such as arts & crafts, music, movement, exercise, computer literacy, etc.