4 people are interested
Hospice vigil volunteers needed in Medina County!!
ORGANIZATION: Harmony Hospice Care
Please visit the new page to apply.
4 people are interested
Hospice bedside vigil volunteer - Medina county and surrounding areas
Vigil volunteers bring comfort and provide a calm presence while sitting bedside with the dying. They may sit with only the patient so that they do not die alone or sit alongside patient’s family to provide support and ensure comfort. Vigil volunteer duties may include:
- Being a calm presence.
- Ensuring patient is comfortable (monitoring for signs of pain, ensuring patient is not too hot/cold, holding patient’s hand, etc.)
- Establishing a calm, soothing environment (playing patient’s favorite music, aromatherapy, reading inspirational text relevant to patient beliefs, etc.)
- Being present so patient does not die alone.
- Providing a supportive presence to patient’s family that is sitting bedside. Being open to conversation and sharing of memories/feelings.
- Empathic, active listening
- You don’t need to be a skilled professional to help. We need calm, empathic and kind individuals that are willing to assist patients at the very ends of their lives.
- Maintain confidentiality
- Ability to work independently and take directions well.
- Empathetic listening skills
- Ability to understand and tolerate hardship stories.
- Training is provided. You can make a difference with just your presence!
- Time commitment is flexible and can work around your schedule and availability.
- We are looking for people who can serve 2-4 hours at a time. This can be as often or as frequent as you choose.
If you would like to learn more about our volunteer program, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 216-232-9980.
About Harmony Hospice Care
25825 Science Park Dr., #255, Beachwood, OH 44122, US
The Harmony Hospice Care goal is to provide end-of-life care and supportive services for patients, caregivers and their families, and to enhance their quality of life. Our hospice team is dedicated to promoting a state of mind, body and soul for our patients and their families by collaborating with families to provide quality and compassionate hospice care.
Harmony Hospice Care provides a complete range of caring and compassionate hospice services to residents of the greater Cleveland area. Our team encompasses a broad range of expertise and disciplines to address a comprehensive range of needs: physicians, nurses, aides, pain management specialists, dietitians, social workers, chaplains and clergy members. Significantly, the team collaborates with family members and loved ones to determine a plan of action that reflects their wishes and needs. Our primary goal is to make sure that the end-of-life experience is as comfortable and peaceful as possible. Beyond alleviating pain and symptoms, we emphasize emotional health and a harmonious mindset. Likewise, we address the spiritual and social needs of family members both during and after the end-of-life period.
Multiple locations Wadsworth, OH 44281
August 15, 2023
- Bereavement Support
- Patient Care
- Hospice Care
- Critical Thinking
- People Skills
- Relationship Building
- People 55+
- Background Check
- Must be at least 16
- Orientation or Training
- Flexible, works around your schedule
- TB test, pre-employment physical