Teach English in Colombia - Volunteer program
Please visit the new page to apply.
Recruiting Organization: Marina Orth Foundation
The Marina Orth Foundation is an international education NGO with over 15 years of experience based in Medellin, Colombia. At the Foundation's programs, we teach students STEM + H (science, technology, engineering, mathematics + humanities) leadership skills and develop extracurricular activities focus on English and robotics. We believe that, with the tools and skills needed to compete in the 21st century, children from socioeconomically vulnerable backgrounds can perform equally or better than graduates of the best schools in the world.
The Foundation is looking for Native English speakers as volunteer teachers willing to work for a period of 4.5 months (June 2023 to November 2023.). The volunteers will be assigned to a school within the town of El Carmen de Viboral, La Ceja, or some rural villages of Medellín, which are located approximately one hour from the city. They will co-teach English classes with the Foundation and the school’s English teachers and run extracurricular English clubs. Volunteers receive a stipend of 338 USD (approx.) in return for 3 to 5 hours/day, 5 days a week + 2h of the extracurricular club per week + lesson planning. The language requirements for this position are English fluency or C1-level proficiency and Spanish B1-level proficiency.
- English fluency or C1-level proficiency and
- Spanish B1 -level proficiency.
- Class and discipline management
- Positive attitude and adaptability,
- Experience teaching and/or working with groups of children, TEFL appreciated,
- Experience of living and working in Latin America is not required but preferred,
- Foreigners or Colombians who lived in a foreign country (to talk about international openness, cultures, etc.)
LENGTH OF SERVICE:
From June 26th to November 30th of 2023
- The volunteer receives a monthly stipend of COP 1,696,800, which is about USD 363.
- The Foundation provides the document for the volunteer visa.
AT THE EXPENSE OF THE VOLUNTEER
- Transports to Colombia
- Transports inMedellin
- Health insurance (MANDATORY)
- Part of the volunteer visa fee: USD 170 (approx)
If you are interested, please fill out the following form: https://forms.office.com/r/dPyeVbA8AS
And if you have any further questions, please contact us at email@example.com
Language/Cultral Support Available
Fee Amount: None
This opportunity is recurring
389 5th Ave, 9th Floor, New York, NY 11109, US
To bridge the gap between intention and action in order to bring about social impact.
Idealist is a leading online global resource for finding jobs in the nonprofit sector, as well as volunteer opportunities and graduate school programs for social impact.
Medellín, Antioquia Colombia
March 29, 2023
- WEEKDAYS, PART_TIME