5 people are interested
Translator (English - Polish / Polish - English)
Please visit the new page to apply.
5 people are interested
We need volunteers who can, individually or as part of a team, translate texts (website, reports, books, video subtitles, etc.) from English into their native language. The scope of the role is beyond translation - it involves becoming knowledgeable in Political Islam and CSPII Methodology, understanding how we communicate, and thus protecting CSPII style, quality and reputation.
Education or experience in translation, writing or editing is a bonus, but not required.
- High level of English
- Native in another required language
- Good translation skills, especially from English into your language, but also from your language into English may be needed
- Attention to detail
- "Marathon perk" - conditions to work regularly (couple of hours every week) in a long-term fashion
- Ability to work with existing specialized glossary, and to expand this when necessary with research in your language
- Ability to collaborate within a team or a project community, desire to learn and to improve
- Proactive approach, quality-focused mindset
- Ability to write objectively and unemotionally, and with great precision (texts must be translated as they are, without modifications)
- IT basic skills (Google Docs, Excel, editing shared documents)
- Will make CSPII texts available in your language
- Will become expert in Political Islam and the CSPII Methodology
- Will learn to use Computer Assisted Translation (CAT) tools
No additional volunteer opportunities at this time.
Lidická 700/19, Brno, South Moravia 60200, CZ
We want to help everyone to understand what the doctrine of Political Islam means for the ideals of our cultures. We are against child marriage, slavery, the abuse of women, and violence against people with other beliefs. We want to ensure that future generations will have the opportunity to live their lives freely, to the fullest, in harmony and respect for one another. Now, knowing the doctrine and tactics of Political Islam, we can help prevent its expansion with the intent of avoiding violence and human suffering. We are looking for volunteers, critical thinkers who value their culture and freedoms and who want to work with others around the world. We need people who share our vision, who are willing to educate themselves on Political Islam using the CSPII Methodology, and who can dedicate time for our work on a regular basis.
The CSPII (Center for the Study of Political Islam International) is an independent non-profit research and educational organization. Our concern is with the ideological doctrine of Islam that relates to Kafirs (non-Muslims), and, therefore, is political. We define this part of the doctrine as "Political Islam".
We analyze Islamic primary doctrine, and its continuous, harmful political impact on individuals and governments. We use scientific methods, rational thought and fact-based reasoning to show how the influence of Political Islam exponentially spreads within non-Islamic countries, creating the economic, legal and sociocultural foundation to turn them into Islamic ones.
CSPII informs and educates about the existential threat Political Islam poses to our civilizations with the aim to peacefully prevent its domination over people’s lives.
Our achievements and appearances:
Kalwaryjska 69/9Kraków, 30-504Poland
May 20, 2023
- English as a Secondary Language (ESL)
- Copy Writing / Copy Editing
- It's flexible! We'll work with your schedule.