1 person is interested
We Need Your Compassionate Heart: Volunteer to Support Bereaved Families!
ORGANIZATION: Traditions Health of Biloxi
Please visit the new page to apply.
1 person is interested
The Spiritual Care Support and Memorial Events Volunteer (SCSV) assists the Traditions Health (TH) Chaplain by visiting with patients as necessary and assisting with bereavement and memorial activities. As needed, may serve when patients are considered in 11th hour status. Working in a healthcare setting, there is strict adherence to confidentialities/HIPAA. Ongoing training is provided. The SCSV works closely with the Chaplain.
Expect a rigorous background (fingerprints required) application process, and training required for healthcare settings. But ask yourself, "Would I want anything less for my family member, with a volunteer in my home with vulnerable loved ones?"
- Provide compassionate companionship and/or spiritual support (as defined by the Traditions Health Chaplain) for patient and family.
- Ability to communicate in a conversation meant to engage patient/family.
- Must possess effective and empathic listening skills.
- Promote positive, supportive, respectful communication to patient/family and staff members, cognizant of being in an environment with grieving family and friends.
- Provide an environment which promotes respect for patient, privacy, and property.
- Ability to organize materials and prioritize time sensitive to bereavement events.
- Must possess a high degree of empathy and compassion related to end-of-life and bereavement events.
- Must be able and comfortable serving diverse groups and cultures.
Did you know that volunteers are required for hospice programs by the centers for Medicare and Medicaid, and that they play a crucial role as part of a hospice care team? Are you ready to become part of our team? Contact us for more information about how you can make a difference to the patients and families we serve. Traditions Health Hospice is waiting to hear from you!
About Traditions Health of Biloxi
22B Doctor's Drive, Ocean Springs, MS 39564, US
The mission of Traditions Health is to promote health and independence in the patients we serve, to attract and retain exceptional healthcare professionals and to conduct our business with compassion and integrity.
Awarded Home Health Accreditation from The Joint Commission, Traditions Health provides Home Health and Hospice Services.
Our goal is to help patients have the best quality of life possible surrounded by the people they love. Our healthcare professionals are there when patients need us, providing the care they need in the place they want to be - home.
3704 Bienville Blvd.Suite A-3Ocean Springs, MS 39564
September 25, 2023
- Event Design & Planning
- Event Planning / Management
- Bereavement Support
- Hospice Care
- Spiritual Healing
- People 55+
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- Flexible Schedule and locations. We are in ten counties, but are focusing on Harrison, Jackson and Hancock counties, with a time commitment of 2 to 4 hours per week. Three-hour Orientation required. Training provided and ongoing.
- Expect a rigorous background (fingerprints required) application process, physical and drug test, and training required for healthcare settings. But ask yourself, "Would I want anything less for my family member, with a volunteer in my home?"