28 people are interested
Welcome Volunteer - Front of House
ORGANIZATION: The Guards Museum
Please visit the new page to apply.
28 people are interested
As part of the Guards Museum welcome team, you will be one of the first friendly faces that our visitors will encounter when they visit the museum.
Key purpose of this role
- Provide a warm welcome to visitors
- Take payments using our till system
- Proactively engage with visitors about the museum, exhibition and services
- Ensure the admissions desk is always clean and tidy
Additional tasks my include
- To answer reception telephone calls and pass them onto the appropriate staff member if applicable
- Assist the staff team in carrying out the evacuation procedures
Training and support
We have an induction process where we give Volunteers the information we believe they need to enjoy their time with us. Training is mainly 'on the job’ supported by the volunteer coordinator. Volunteers are given regular feedback and we remain open to suggestions on how we can improve the volunteer experience.
The role will suit you if you are
- Enthusiastic, approachable and enjoy meeting new people
- Good team working and social skills
- Ability to work independently and use initiative
- Happy to operate a till
- Able to promote excellent customer service
No experience is required, but an interest in history and heritage, a willingness to be part of a team and having good interpersonal and communication skills is welcome.
- You will become part of a friendly and dedicated team
- Meeting new people from all walks of life
- We are happy to provide volunteers with references for potential external employment opportunities.
- Travel expenses will be paid up to an agreed amount.
- Team days out
This position is of a voluntary flexible nature and your availability for undertaking the role will be agreed in advance with the Volunteer Coordinator. You are welcome to do a full day shift from 10:00 to 3:30 (with a lunch break). Alternatively, you can do either a shift from 10:00 - 1:00 or 12:30 - 3:30. Ideally you should be able to commit to at least one shift per week (weekdays and weekends).
No additional volunteer opportunities at this time.
About The Guards Museum
Wellington Barracks, Birdcage Walk, Westminster, London SW1E 6HQ, GB
The Guards Museum’s mission is 'to tell the story of the five regiments of Foot Guards who have the honour and duty of protecting the Sovereign and the Royal Palaces. Preserving, educating and making that heritage accessible to all’.
We are a small regimental museum who employ four members of staff for the daily running of the museum. The front of house is run by our wonderful volunteers.
The Guards MuseumWellington BarracksBirdcage WalkLondon, SW1E 6HQUnited Kingdom
August 29, 2023
- Customer Service
- People Skills
- Must be at least 18
- Ideally you should be able to commit to at least one shift per week (weekdays and weekends).