Foster/Adopted Children's Team Volunteer
ORGANIZATION: THE FAMILY PLACE OF TRANSYLVANIA COUNTY
Please visit the new page to apply.
The Foster/Adopted Children's Team Volunteer supports the childcare needs of The Family Place while Foster and Adoptive Parents participate in our Foster and Adoptive Parent Chat. The Foster Children's Team Volunteer will supervise children of all ages under the guidance of the Children’s Program lead. Childcare is provided according to NAEYC (National Association for the Education of Young Children) guidelines. Volunteer Opportunity location: Brevard Wesleyan Church.
This unique Circle of Parents group meets monthly and is free and open to foster parents, adoptive parents, and families providing kinship care. Families share information about services, learn new skills, and provide support to each other. The group is parent-led so we discuss topics or invite speakers based on parent's interests.
- Directly responsible for assisting staff with the supervision of children living with Foster Parents
- Assist staff in the facilitation of playgroups, educational playtime, and childcare
- Assist with set-up and clean-up
- Treat all staff, clients, volunteers, and community partners with respect
- Promote a positive image of The Family Place and reflect The Family Place’s values at all times
05:45 PM to 08:15 PM
Last Tuesday of every month (starting Nov. 29th)
- NONE OF THESE TIMES WORK FOR ME, BUT I CAN STILL HELP
3 More opportunities with THE FAMILY PLACE OF TRANSYLVANIA COUNTY
About THE FAMILY PLACE OF TRANSYLVANIA COUNTY
970 OLD HENDERSONVILLE HWY, BREVARD, NC 28712, US
The Family Place strengthens families and helps build resiliency through support, education and community building.
The Family Place exists to support families in Transylvania County by providing learning experiences within the family environment, the community, and among peers. Through positive parenting education and adult/child interactive opportunities, we provide resources to help families grow and strengthen relationships, encourage nurturing and emotional support within the home, and assist the development of social and emotional health.
583 North Broad StreetBrevard, NC 28712
March 8, 2023
- Teaching / Instruction
- Youth Services
- Child Care
- Child Development
- Child Welfare
- People 55+
- Background Check
- Orientation or Training
- Last Tuesday of every month from 5:45pm - 8:15pm. Volunteering opportunities available the last Tuesday of every month but it is not required to commit to every Tuesday to participate.
- A valid background check (run within the last 365 days) must be provided. If you do not have a valid background check, we can run one for you at the cost of $30.00.