Community Activities Coordinator
ORGANIZATION: Soldiers' Angels - Denver
Please visit the new page to apply.
The Community Activities Coordinator is a key volunteer who is willing to be responsible for organizing events in the community for Soldiers’ Angels to support veterans and service members. This includes regularly scheduled events, as well as special events, as approved by the Community Representative.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responsible for organizing events for Soldiers’ Angels in support of the community as well as oversight of Angels’ participation in community events. Events may include but are not limited to 5k runs, holiday parties, luncheons/dinners for service members or veterans, attendance at family day events, etc.
- Must be able to anticipate project needs, discern work priorities, and meet deadlines with little supervision, and be willing to work events on occasional evenings and weekends.
- Assist Community Representative and the Site Coordinator to solicit donors to sponsor events, as well as coordinate with the community representatives.
- Oversight of all Community Activities Volunteers.
- Responsible for making sure that all community activity and event volunteers are aware of policies and procedures to ensure a consistent quality of service, and to set clear expectations of each volunteer.
- Maintain positive Social Media presence during events to include posting pictures and captions as they happen.
About Soldiers' Angels - Denver
Veterans Service Center, 1247 Santa Fe Drive, Denver, CO 80204, US
The mission of Soldiers’ Angels is to provide aid, comfort, and resources to the military, veterans, and their families.
This site provides support to the Denver metro area the Denver VA.
1700 N Wheeling StAurora, CO 80045
November 21, 2023
- People Skills
- Project Management
- Verbal / Written Communication
- Background Check
- Orientation or Training
- 5-10 hours a week, flexible work schedule
- The Community Activities Coordinator supervises all volunteers participating in Soldiers’ Angels community events.