VA Activities Coordinator
ORGANIZATION: Soldiers' Angels - Denver
Please visit the new page to apply.
The VA Activities Coordinator is a regular volunteer who is willing to be responsible for organizing events and activities for the VA Support Program of Soldiers’ Angels. This includes regular events as well as special events as approved by the VA Representative.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responsible for organizing events for Soldiers’ Angels in support of the local VA Hospital as well as oversight of Angels participating in VA events.
- Must be able to anticipate project needs, discern work priorities, and meet deadlines with little supervision, and be willing to work events on occasional evenings and weekends.
- Plan regular events for patients (e.g. luncheons, pizza parties, Bingo, movie nights) to help boost morale.
- Assist VA Representative to solicit donors to sponsor events, as well as coordinate with the Center for Development and Civic Engagement, (CDCE)
- Responsible for making sure that all VA Activities volunteers are aware of policies and procedures to ensure a consistent quality of service, and to set clear expectations of each volunteer.
- Serve as liaison with VA Voluntary Service Coordinator on event-related matters.
- Conduct After-Action-Review of events to include sharing stories, pictures, quotes and event statistics with VA Representative.
- Maintain positive Social Media presence during events to include posting pictures and captions as they happen.
About Soldiers' Angels - Denver
Veterans Service Center, 1247 Santa Fe Drive, Denver, CO 80204, US
The mission of Soldiers’ Angels is to provide aid, comfort, and resources to the military, veterans, and their families.
This site provides support to the Denver metro area the Denver VA.
1700 N Wheeling StAurora, CO 80045
November 30, 2023
- People Skills
- Project Management
- Verbal / Written Communication
- Background Check
- Orientation or Training
- 5-10 hours a week, flexible work schedule