3 people are interested
ORGANIZATION: Soldiers' Angels - Beckley
Please visit the new page to apply.
3 people are interested
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Coordinate delivery of Soldiers’ Angels support to local service members, military units, veterans, and their families, Veteran support are non-VA sponsored events.
- Responsible for recruitment, training and retention of all community activities and event volunteers.
- Coordination of the volunteer resources of Soldiers’ Angels and all aspects of their participation in the assigned community events and activities.
- Planning special events and coordinating the distribution of goods and services.
- Responsible for oversight of all community events for Soldiers’ Angels.
- Manage Soldiers’ Angels programs, volunteer opportunities, and donations.
- Build network of volunteers and community support network.
- Track national campaigns (donations Girl Scout Cookies etc.), to include picture requirements and coordinate with the VA Representative to ensure division of the goods between the VA and the community.
- Coordinate with the VA Representative and the Site Coordinator for all national campaign support within their site.
- Attend weekly meetings with staff manager.
- Must be able to anticipate project needs, discern work priorities, and meet deadlines with little supervision, and be willing to work events on occasional evenings and weekends.
- Annual evaluation of team by Soldiers’ Angels supervisor.
About Soldiers' Angels - Beckley
200 Veterans Ave, Beckley, WV 25801, US
The mission of Soldiers’ Angels is to provide aid, comfort, and resources to the military, veterans, and their families.
This site provides support to the Beckley VA Medical Center.
Soldiers' Angels has many wonderful programs to support our military families, deployed service members, wounded service members and veterans. Our programs are broken into categories based on the population they serve. Soldiers' Angels offers programs for wounded, deployed, families, and others. Most of our programs could not be possible without the support of the wonderful Angels who dedicate their time, money and talents, to the organization.
"May No Soldier Go Unloved" encapsulates the motivation behind Soldiers' Angels. The volunteers of Soldiers' Angels work tirelessly supporting our nation's veterans, wounded heroes, deployed service members and their families.
In 2017 alone, Soldiers’ Angels provided over $17 million in aid to over 360,000 service members, veterans, wounded heroes, and military families. Soldiers’ Angels volunteers are the heart of the organization and logged over 148,000 volunteer hours just in 2017!
200 Veterans AvenueBeckley, WV 25801
November 28, 2023
- Community Outreach
- Basic Computer Skills
- People Skills
- Verbal / Written Communication
- Background Check
- Orientation or Training
- 10 -15 hours/week (a minimum of 20 hours monthly)
- The Community Representative will be knowledgeable about Soldiers’ Angels programs and policies and will coordinate with their community leaders and organizations to provide Soldiers’ Angels program support to service members, veterans (at non-VA spo