17 people are interested
Patient Navigator/ Bilingual Patient Navigator- ACS
ORGANIZATION: Harris Health System
Please visit the new page to apply.
17 people are interested
Patient Navigator/ Bilingual Patient Navigator
DEPARTMENT: Volunteer Services
LOCATION: Ambulatory Care Service Health Centers
VOLUNTEER CHAMPION: Designated Administrator at Each Clinic
HOURS: Scheduling Completed through Volunteer Resources
Patient navigators help to improve our patient/visitor experience by helping patients navigate appointments and visits throughout the facility. In addition, they may also assist patients with management of their heatlh care through the Harris Health MyHealth portal, our online server which allows patients to view their health records, lab results, schedule appointments, etc.
Patient Navigators are needed in many languages, English, Spanish, etc.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Greet Incoming patients/vistors
- Give out information and answer inquries
- Assist clinic administration with special projects
- Escort patients to proper departments throught the facility
- Check out wheel chairs
- Work one-on-one with patients to facilitate and set up MyHealth account
- Answer questions pertinent to MyHealth
- Check out and return Lap top for MyHealth
- Maintain work area in a neat, clean and orderly manner
- Follow Harris Health System policies regarding personal visitors, phone calls, and food/drink
- Mature, outgoing and dependable, with good interpersonal skills
- Ability to communicate verbally with staff and physicians in a courteous manner
- Dependable, conscientious and diligent in the performance of duties
- Good organizational skills, enjoys working with the public and assisting people
- Ability to work unsupervised for short periods of time
- Successful completion of the Harris Health System volunteer application & screening process and volunteer general orientation.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORKING CONDITIONS
- Emotional Demands: Demonstrate emotional stability by being able to function appropriately and effectively in dealing with critical, stressful or unexpected situations and with due consideration for patients, visitors, and personnel in vicinity.
- Requires lifting of up to 10 lbs., occasionally lifting and carrying 10-20 lbs.
- Ability to stand/walk for at least 10 minutes at a time.
- Frequently requires reaching at or above shoulder height, twisting and stooping/bending to perform duties.
- Good vision, hearing, and speech required.
- 08:00 AM to 11:00 AM
- 11:00 AM to 02:00 PM
- 02:00 PM to 05:00 PM
- NONE OF THESE TIMES WORK FOR ME, BUT I CAN STILL HELP
About Harris Health System
4800 Fournace Place, Bellaire, TX 77401, US
Harris Health is a community-focused academic healthcare system dedicated to improving the health of those most in need in Harris County through quality care delivery, coordination of care, and education.
Harris Health System is a fully integrated healthcare system that cares for all residents of Harris County, Texas. We are the first accredited healthcare institution in Harris County to be designated by the National Committee for Quality Assurance as a Patient-Centered Medical Home, and are one of the largest systems in the country to achieve the quality standard. Our system includes community health centers, same day clinics, three multi-specialty clinic locations, a dental center and dialysis center, mobile health units and two full-service hospitals.
We are in need of volunteers throughout the system which can provide flexibility, convenient locations, opportunities for clinical observation and support, in-person and virtual opportunities, etc. If you are interested in getting involved, please visit www.harrishealth.org, click on the Donate tab at the top of the screen, select Volunteer and follow the prompts to complete your application.
Multiple locations Houston, TX 77030
September 25, 2023
- Office Reception
- Administrative Support
- Customer Service
- Data Entry
- Basic Computer Skills
- People 55+
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- Volunteers are asked to work 3 hours a week for a minimum of 12 weeks.