42 people are interested
Physical Therapy Support- ACS
ORGANIZATION: Harris Health System
Please visit the new page to apply.
42 people are interested
DEPARTMENT: Physical Therapy ACS
HOURS: Monday - Friday; 4 hour shifts between 8am - 4pm
Volunteers assist and observe Physical and/or Occupational Therapists with patient care.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Accompanying Physical Therapist and/or Occupational Therapist on patient rounds
- Assisting with any assignment as needed
- Follow all instructions and policies
- Preferred: student or someone considering physical therapy or occupational therapy school
- Mature, outgoing and dependable, with good interpersonal skills
- Ability to communicate verbally with staff and patients in a
- Ability to stand/walk for most of 3 hour shift.
Volunteer Services will provide:
- New Volunteer Orientation
- Harris Health Mission/Vision/Value
- Infection Control
- Health Screening
- TB test Questionairre
- Proof of Vaccinations (MMR, Varicella, and Pertussis)
- Criminal Background Screening
- Volunteer ID Badge
- Interview with assignment screening and scheduling
Assigned department will provide:
- Tour of the department
- Introduction to the staff members
- Specifics on safety
- On the job training
- Prepared and assigned tasks
- Department specifics orientation checklist
- 08:00 AM to 11:00 AM
- 11:00 AM to 02:00 PM
- 02:00 PM to 05:00 PM
- NONE OF THESE TIMES WORK FOR ME, BUT I CAN STILL HELP
About Harris Health System
4800 Fournace Place, Bellaire, TX 77401, US
Harris Health is a community-focused academic healthcare system dedicated to improving the health of those most in need in Harris County through quality care delivery, coordination of care, and education.
Harris Health System is a fully integrated healthcare system that cares for all residents of Harris County, Texas. We are the first accredited healthcare institution in Harris County to be designated by the National Committee for Quality Assurance as a Patient-Centered Medical Home, and are one of the largest systems in the country to achieve the quality standard. Our system includes community health centers, same day clinics, three multi-specialty clinic locations, a dental center and dialysis center, mobile health units and two full-service hospitals.
We are in need of volunteers throughout the system which can provide flexibility, convenient locations, opportunities for clinical observation and support, in-person and virtual opportunities, etc. If you are interested in getting involved, please visit www.harrishealth.org, click on the Donate tab at the top of the screen, select Volunteer and follow the prompts to complete your application.
Multiple locations Houston, TX 77030
September 25, 2023
- Customer Service
- Basic Computer Skills
- People 55+
- Background Check
- Orientation or Training
- Volunteers are asked to volunteer 3 hours a week for a minimum of 12 weeks.