9 people are interested
Be a morning online ESL class assistant!
ORGANIZATION: Literacy Minnesota
Please visit the new page to apply.
9 people are interested
- No experience or diploma needed - we’ll provide all necessary training.
- English speakers of all levels are welcome and encouraged to volunteer.
- Must be 18 years old to volunteer.
- Ability to commit to 2-3 hours per week for at least 3 months required.
- We strongly encourage volunteers who are people of color, indigenous, immigrants and refugees, LGBTQIA2S+ and people with disabilities.
Volunteer Online ELL classroom assistant
Are you looking for a way to connect in your community? Do you enjoy working with people of diverse ethnicities and backgrounds? Are you comfortable using Zoom? Then this might be the perfect opportunity for you!
- Class assistants are partnered with a teacher who follows a curriculum and leads the Zoom class.
- Support small groups or individual learners in Zoom breakout rooms
- Work cooperatively with the teacher to meet the needs of the learners.
- Listen actively and encourage learner participation.
- Within 6 months of placement, volunteers must complete a 4-hour LitMN-sponsored, and State of MN compliant Foundations Training to be fully prepared to assist.
For more information or to get started , please email email@example.com .
10:30 AM to 12:30 PM
Tuesdays! Volunteers must be residents of the United States
- NONE OF THESE TIMES WORK FOR ME, BUT I CAN STILL HELP
About Literacy Minnesota
700 Raymond Ave, Suite 180, St. Paul, MN 55114, US
Literacy Minnesota is the only statewide, nonprofit, volunteer literacy organization in Minnesota. As a leader and advocate for literacy, Literacy Minnesota provides a variety of cost-effective literacy-based services designed to help achieve the personal, educational and economic goals of Minnesotans.
Founded in 1972, Literacy Minnesota is Minnesota's only non-profit, volunteer-based, education provider that operates statewide. Through a network of over 100 community and school-based programs, we provide free classes for individuals lacking the most basic reading, writing and English-speaking skills. We serve both native-born Americans and refugees and immigrants.
Multiple locations Saint Paul, MN 55114
September 7, 2023
- Literacy / Reading
- Teaching / Instruction
- English as a Secondary Language (ESL)
- Adult Education
- Reading / Writing
- Basic Computer Skills
- People 55+
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- One shift a week for at least 3 months