Recruitment & Expansion Volunteer Advocate with Red Oak Behavioral Health
ORGANIZATION: VANTAGE Aging RSVP
Please visit the new page to apply.
Title: Recruitment & Expansion Volunteer Advocate
Project Name: iC.A.R.E. Mentoring(r)
Site Name (if applicable): Districts to be determined by staff and volunteer collaboratively
Goal of the Project:
Primary: Provide program specific supportive services to districts, partners, mentors, mentees, families, etc. who are participants in the iC.A.R.E. Mentoring(r) program. Services are directed towards program efficiency, growth and development of program metrics and program participants. Provide specific, measurable, and individualized services to each program participant served.
Secondary: Enhance program efforts on effectively marketing the iC.A.R.E. Mentoring(r) program and platform to generate diverse volunteer participant interest for program growth and sustainability. This position will strategically help recruit diverse populations of volunteer mentors and community partners to bolster school mentoring program recruitment numbers. This position will be the lead in recruiting mentors for new school districts within the program’s geographic footprint. This position will develop and implement market research program improvements to facilitate quality promotion of the iC.A.R.E. Mentoring(r) program.
Assignment Objectives and Activities
Goal of the Project:
Attract and engage new partner organizations to bolster volunteer mentor recruitment and program financial support. Research and target school districts to operate iC.A.R.E. signature program in. Facilitate and implement the iC.A.R.E. Mentoring(r) signature program.
Objective of the Assignment (Primary)
Support the key iC.A.R.E. staff to coordinate and facilitate the implementation of the iC.A.R.E. Mentoring(r) program at designated school districts. Provide effective Customer Relationship Management (CRM) to support mentor-mentee matches and bolster the overall program. Support the delivery of training, guidance and resource support to ensure all program participants are experiencing quality service and care.
1. Support the implementation of the iC.A.R.E. Mentoring(r) program in targeted school districts, ensuring that iC.A.R.E. mentors matched with elementary, middle, and high school students are equipped to deliver the program model to mentees efficiently and have the support and resources to build a positive, purposeful relationship with their student mentee.
2. Support the development of relationships with mentors, school staff and mentee parents for efficient delivery of program services.
3. Become familiar with the Game Plan curriculum to effectively train and support mentors in its use with mentees.
4. Support the coordination of initial visits with new and existing mentor/mentee matches to explain program guidelines, scope of services and support program participants.
5. Identify and provide resources to mentors to enhance mentor/mentee engagement.
6. Assist with and facilitate district and school level program planning for supportive staff members managing day-to-day operations of program.
Objective of the Assignment (Secondary)
Build mentor, school district and partner recruitment plan in conjunction with program staff and district level administrators to recruit more mentors and create a pipeline of volunteers and resources needed to sustain the program.
1. Assist with launching new marketing campaign for program, measuring daily successes and trends to adjust the frequency and approach to promoting the program/platform successfully. Monitor volunteer engagement, organizational engagement and funder engagement for adjustments and enhancements to the plan.
2. Support the recruitment and training of new volunteer mentors for school-aged mentees in accordance with iC.A.R.E. Mentor Recruitment Standard Operating Procedure (SOP). Implement additional training modules to reinforce iC.A.R.E. Core principles.
3. Support the establishment of new business/community partnerships to support the program with volunteers and/or finances. Support and work with key iC.A.R.E. and agency staff to engage leads and agency supporters obtained through annual events and or other services.
4. Support individual recruitment process for program.
About VANTAGE Aging RSVP
388 S Main St., Ste. 235, Akron, OH 44311, US
Promoting a positive perspective on aging.
VANTAGE Aging promotes positive aging through a variety of programs and services for older adults. Our nonprofit organization serves 38 counties and is headquartered in Akron, Ohio. In Summit and Medina Counties, we facilitate the Retired and Senior Volunteer Program (RSVP) for those 55 and older who want to make a meaningful impact in the community. We also offer employment training, home care and home health aide assistance, nutrition and home-delivered meal services, alcohol and drug addiction counseling, and mental health and prevention services.
611 West Market StreetAkronAkron, OH 44303
October 16, 2023
- Literacy / Reading
- People Skills
- Project Management
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 55
- Orientation or Training