2 people are interested
ORGANIZATION: Zion World Wide Mission Inc
Please visit the new page to apply.
2 people are interested
Zion World Wide Mission Inc, is an international non-profit organization supporting low and no income individuals amid our communities. The Zion Store Clerks provides in-store assistance to customers. Their duties include welcoming customers to the store, answering questions about products and using a cash register to process purchases. Store Clerks will also receive, sort and prepare merchandise for the sales floor by: determining the suitability of items based on established standards; assisting in maintaining the orderliness and cleanliness of the warehouse area. Store Clerks must be able to perform various duties and responsibilities. They will ensure that customers have a satisfactory shopping experience by attending to customer needs and answering any questions they might have regarding store products.
- Enter transactions into Cash Register
- Handle cash transactions and collect payments with customers
- Process business transactions, handle cash, process debit/credit cards and perform returns or exchanges when permitted (note that we allow customers to make purchases using their smartphones)
- Ensure pricing is correct
- Issue correct change
- Count money in cash drawers at the beginning and end of shifts to ensure that amounts are correct and that there is adequate change
- Make sales referrals, cross-sell products and introduce new ones
- Greet customers when entering or leaving establishment
- Examine sales floor when the opportunity presents itself to ensure merchandise is well-stocked, well-maintained and properly rotated
- Provide exemplary customer service throughout the shift, helping customers as needed and demonstrating our company culture.
- Maintain clean and tidy store and checkout areas
- Answer customers' questions and get a manager if answer doesn't solve the issue
- Bag or box packages
- Pleasantly deal with customers to ensure satisfaction
Drive for Results.
- Communication - able to effectively communicate in a professional, diplomatic, empathetic and tactful manner.
- Team Oriented and Interpersonal - highly motivated team player with ability to develop and maintain collaborative relationships with all levels within and external to the organization.
- Results Oriented - proven ability to set and exceed established targets.
- Ability to work successfully in a multi-cultural environment.
Building an Effective Team.
- Good verbal communication and interpersonal skills
- Excellent customer service skills
- Exceptional work ethic and strict adherence to company policies and sales goals
- Ability to work flexible hours and multitask in a fast-paced environment
- Strong organizational skills and detail-oriented
- Ability to work in a team and independently with minimum supervision
- Time management and ability to prioritize tasks given
- Willing to learn about new items and procedures quickly
- Ability to perform basic math, writing and reading tasks without supervision
- Ability to comfortably stand for extended periods of time
- A high school diploma or equivalent is preferred
- Be 18 years of age or older
- Assist in maintaining a clean, efficient and effective storeroom operation by following procedures to receive, unpack, test inventory prior to stocking the store.
- Create, update and edit Excel spreadsheets, Word documents and database files.
- Contribute to an accident-free work environment by keeping the store’s area clean, neat, orderly and free of clutter, debris and hazardous materials.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Assist other departments as need.
STOKED IF YOU HAVE THIS TOO
- Knowledge of Zion World Wide Mission, Inc. and/or Zion Thrift Store.
- Outgoing, enthusiastic and sports-minded individual.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. This position is very active and requires standing, twisting, turning, pushing, pulling, walking, bending, kneeling, stooping, crouching, climbing and typing all day. The employee must frequently lift and/or move items that weigh up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close and distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to focus.
For more information call our office at: 864-932-3165
About Zion World Wide Mission Inc
108 Shaw St., Greenville, SC 29609, US
OUR MISSION:(in USA) Provide vital social services to Low and Non Income people, regardless of their religion, social or economic background and to improve lives of individuals, families and the community. Our Mission (International) Is To evangelize, support the needy children and to improve the conditions of life of the most underprivileged around the World in the domain of health, education, nutrition and agriculture.
Zion undertakes the duty of working with the community at large through Churches and organizations in promoting unity, helping each person become an Agent of transformation, developing in each one the same solidarity and responsibility in the World.
3229 West Blue Ridge DriveGreenville, SC 29611
September 18, 2023
- Customer Service
- Retail / Sales
- Microsoft Office Suite
- Must be at least 18
- We need clerks who can work in one of 2 shifts: 1st shift 8:00 am to 2:00 pm or 2nd shift 2:00 pm to 7:30 pm
- Currently we are most in need of clerks who can work the afternoon/evening shift ~ Thank You So Much