26 people are interested
Community Health Coordinator
ORGANIZATION: AWOFINC - A Work of Faith Ministries, Inc.
Please visit the new page to apply.
26 people are interested
* Convey the purposes and services of a program to the user population and the impact that program or service would have
* Help patients develop health management plans and goals
* Follow-up with health management/care plans with both patients and providers
* Coach patients in effective management of their chronic health conditions and self-care
* Assist patient in understanding care plans and instructions
* Document activities, service plans, and results in an effective manner while strictly adhering to the policies and procedures in place
* Work collaboratively and effectively within a team
* Establish positive, supportive relationships with participants and provide feedback
* Help clients in utilizing resources, including scheduling appointments, and assisting with the completion of applications for programs for which they may be eligible
* Assist clients in accessing health-related services, including but not limited to: obtaining a medical home, providing instruction on the appropriate use of the medical home, overcoming barriers to obtaining needed medical care and social services
* Facilitate communication and coordinate services between providers
* Motivate patients to be active, engaged participants in their health
* Effectively work with people (staff, clients, doctors, agencies, etc) from diverse backgrounds in reducing cultural and socio-economic barriers between clients and institutions
* Build and maintain positive working relationships with the clients, providers, nurse case managers, agency representatives, supervisors and office staff
* Continuously expand knowledge and understanding of community resources, services and programs provided; human relations and the procedures used in dealing with the public as part of a service or program; volunteer resources and the practices associated with using volunteers, operations, functions, policies and procedures associated with the department or program area, procedures and resources available to handle new, unusual or different situations Identify and apply appropriate role definition and skilled boundaries
Other duties as directed by the Executive Director, Director of Operations and/or the Founder & Chairman
This is a remote/virtual position however, the preferred candidate will live/work in the United States.
About AWOFINC - A Work of Faith Ministries, Inc.
Human Resources Development & Training, Chicago, IL 60649, US
The mission of AWOFINC is to significantly reduce illiteracy, unemployment, youth gang activity, drug and alcohol abuse, violence and homelessness by developing happy purposeful people committed to giving something back to the community.
AWOFINC is a community initiative that is designed to meet the needs of families who do not have the resources that are to attain the supplemental educational services that are needed to enhance the possibility of success for their children. For over two decades AWOFINC has addressed the critical educational, financial, and social needs of the families in Illinois.
This is a Virtual Opportunity with no fixed address.
January 27, 2024
- Mental Health
- Case Work / Management
- Community Outreach
- Social Work
- People 55+
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 25
- Orientation or Training
- 7-10 hours per week
- Health & Wellness experience, education and/or training.