ORGANIZATION: National Park Service
Please visit the new page to apply.
There are many ways to promote and add to the cultural reservoir of the park. One of those is to promote or cultural and natural resources through art. Come out and spend time at the park using the site as inspiration for your art. This art may be used in social media, websites, flyers, and more. If interested artists may lead painting, drawing, photography, writing, etc. workshops for the public. All art created while on duty as a volunteer becomes property of the National Park Service with credit given to the artist. This includes but is not limited to writers, sculptors, painters, musicians, and composers. Amateur and professional artists of any medium are welcome to apply.
· Work with interpretive park staff to establish essential themes that will be represented in the art created
· Create art based on the cultural and natural resources at Ninety Six National Historic Site
· Lead workshops in your preferred medium (optional)
· Park artist will have experience in their chosen medium
· Applicants will be asked to submit a sample of their artwork. Links to downloads are preferred.
· Must live within driving distance of the park, there is no housing available
Start Date - 2022-10-01
End Date - 2023-09-30
Hosts Housing Amenities: No Housing/Amenities Available
About National Park Service
1849 C Street NW, Washington, DC 20240, US
The National Park Service preserves unimpaired the natural and cultural resources and values of the National Park System for the enjoyment, education, and inspiration of this and future generations. The Park Service cooperates with partners to extend the benefits of natural and cultural resource conservation and outdoor recreation throughout this country and the world.
The U.S. National Park Service, www.nps.gov, cares for special places saved by the American people so that all may experience our heritage. We care for more than 400 national parks and help communities preserve their historic places and open spaces.
Ninety Six National Historic SiteNinety Six, SC 29666
August 19, 2023
- People 55+