1 person is interested
Academic Mentor (Tutor) - Southfield
ORGANIZATION: Metro Detroit Youth Clubs
Please visit the new page to apply.
1 person is interested
Academic Mentor (Tutor) Program
Connecting community volunteers with local youth from Metro Detroit Youth Clubs to build academic capacity and community connection.
Program Expectations & Information for Prospective Volunteers:
- Connection through safe and friendly experience for MDYC youth, while assisting with academic support
- Consistent and present attendance during regularly scheduled matched time period with Club member at our Club location
- Commitment to 1:1 academic mentor/mentee match for 1 hour/week during a consistent mutually agreed upon set time during the afternoons.
Steps to become a Volunteer Online Academic Mentor with MDYC:
- Complete the Volunteer. Application online at www.miclubs.org/volunteer and indicate your preferred location and select the Academic Support box
- The next steps will be:
- Reach out via email or phone from Club staff
- Interview with Club Staff and Provide 2 references (1 personal & 1 professional)
- You will then be asked to submit information for background check
- Complete Club Volunteer safety training videos
- Attend Volunteer Orientation with Club staff
- Get matched and get started!
About Metro Detroit Youth Clubs
1545 East Lincoln Avenue, Royal Oak, MI 48067, US
Metro Detroit Youth Clubs serve over 2,200 Club members in locations throughout Metro Detroit. The mission of the Club is to empower youth to reach their full potential through safe, accessible, and inclusive experiences that open doors to a bright future, enabling every Club member to graduate from high school with a plan for college or career, contribute to their community and live a healthy life. Building on 60 years of serving Metro Detroit youth, we are guided by our mission-focused, evidence-based programs focusing on: literacy, mental health services, mentoring, workforce development, and play opportunities in health and fitness.
We are guided by MDYC’s Core Values. Our values inspire us to Innovate Through Mission.
At Metro Detroit Youth Clubs, our North Star is our youth. We provide quality programs serving the youth that need us most. Our promise as an organization is to provide a safe and accessible space where transformation can occur.
Metro Detroit Youth Clubs serve over 2,200 Club members age 6-18. Serving youth in Detroit, Royal Oak, and Southfield. MDYC’s approach is to help our members learn, grow, lead, and succeed.
Metro Detroit Youth Clubs empower youth to reach their full potential through quality programs and opportunities that open doors to a bright future. Our family of Clubs are open after school during the school year and during the day during the summer months, our Clubs provide the perfect destination for youth.
The Clubs are led by a team of full-time and part-time professionals and supported by a 24-member Board of Trustees comprised of business and community leaders. Over 120 volunteers support the Club annually.
26000 Evergreen Road'field ZoneSouthfield, MI 48076
September 22, 2022
- Literacy / Reading
- Math / Science Instruction
- Reading / Writing
- People 55+
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 1 hours/week through the duration of the school year