2 people are interested
Volunteer at GRIP Training Institute
ORGANIZATION: GRIP Training Institute
Please visit the new page to apply.
2 people are interested
GRIP Training Institute is a 501(c)(3) serving incarcerated people in the state of California. Our mission is to create the personal and systemic change to turn violence and suffering into opportunities for learning and healing. GRIP began in 2012 at San Quentin. In 2016 and 2017, GRIP expanded to 5 institutions. As of June of 2022, GRIP has successfully graduated 1,221 students in 5 prisons. From those, 528 have been released. Our success rate is 99.1%. If you have a passion for justice, and seek to work with others who have a deep commitment to personal and social transformation, and desire to learn and advance your role, then come join our dynamic, diverse, and growing team!
GRIP Training Institute is looking for Volunteers! As a key member of our team, the Volunteer will provide support and collaborate with various domains within the organization. Your impactful work will directly help GRIP with our mission to dismantle the mass incarceration system and restore justice within our communities.
The Volunteer will report directly to the Operations Coordinator and will be responsible for one of the following categories below at GRIP Training Institute. This is subject to change and can cater towards your skills and interests. Our office is headquartered in Berkeley, CA, though our prison programs operate in a variety of remote locations throughout California state.
GRIP Training Institute needs support within the following categories:
- Support the work of the GRIP program
- Participate in supporting events
- Assist formerly incarcerated facilitators with navigating technology
- Assist formerly incarcerated with organizational skills
Organizational & Development/Fundraising
- Networking & Research
- Support events & retreats
- Grant writing - Fundraising
- Legal Services
- General Office
- Computer systems: software and hardware
- IT services
- Website content management systems (Joomla and WordPress)
- Social Media (FB/Twitter)
- Newsletter (Mailchimp email campaigns)
- Database management (excel/google sheets spreadsheets)
- Graphic Design: InDesign
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE WILL HAVE THESE SKILLS/EXPERIENCE:
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Strong leadership skills with ability to motivate and encourage others.
- Fluency with Google Workspace (Google Docs, Sheets, Gmail, Google Calendar, Forms, Sites, Groups, Photos, etc.).
No additional volunteer opportunities at this time.
About GRIP Training Institute
39650 Liberty Street, Fremont, CA 94538, US
GRIP Training Institute organizes initiatives that create the personal and systemic change to transform violence and suffering into opportunities for learning and healing.
GRIP Training Institute, a well-respected social justice agency in the SF Bay Area, offers the G.R.I.P. (Guiding Rage into Power) Program in 5 of our state prisons.
Check out the trailer on our home page to see what we do: https://grip-traininginstitute.org
GRIP Programs have traveled nationally and internationally and the organization is replicating its efforts so that more people can have access to the kind of personal transformation programs that are typically reserved for a privileged few.
Contact us today!
PO BOX 2683Berkeley, CA 94702
September 22, 2022
- Interactive/Social Media/SEO
- Administrative Support
- Donor Management
- Grant Writing / Research
- Verbal / Written Communication
- Must be at least 21
- Orientation or Training
- We are requiring a minimum of five (5) hours per week.