ORGANIZATION: SPECTRUM HEALTH LAKELAND WATERVLIET HOSPITAL
Please visit the new page to apply.
Covid Protocols are in place.
Volunteers at the front desk provide a welcoming environment to patients and visitors as they enter the hospital. The Information Desk volunteer directs patients so they may quickly locate the necessary services and assists visitors to locate family and friends or meeting areas.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Greet all patients and visitors and offer assistance whenever possible.
- Track patient census by using the paper census. Return census to Switchboard at end of shift. Never dispose of confidential patient information in regular trash cans.
- Volunteers will assist with pre-registration of patients for the Walk-In Clinic.
- Follow Covid-19 protocols.
- After 2:00 PM, pick up patient mail in Mailroom and deliver it to patients’ rooms. Return undeliverable mail to the Switchboard. Switchboard will send mail to patient’s home address.
- Deliver flowers or balloons to patient’s room when they are delivered to the Information Desk.
- Answer phone calls that come into the Information Desk.
- When someone wants to pay a bill, direct them to the switchboard, located across from the Information Desk.
- When a patient or guest need directions, walk them to their location. If only one person is working the desk, walk them toward the general area and point them in the proper direction.
- When a guest inquires about a patient who is not on the list, call the Switchboard and inquire if they have been admitted. (In some cases, the patient has requested that their name not be included on the census list. In that case, inform the asking guest that you do not have any information on that person being in the hospital and suggest they check with the family.)
- Acknowledge and greet every person who comes into the hospital.
- When someone inquires about medication from the pharmacy, send them to the switchboard.
- Food or novels are not permitted at the Front Desk.
- Please know the locations of: The Emergency Quick Reference Guide, the closest exit, the closest fire alarm and the closest fire extinguisher.
Hours of Service: Monday - Friday
8:00 am - 12:00 noon
12:00 noon - 4:30 pm
The hours for the am and pm shifts are firm. Volunteers are expected to cover their entire shift.
Length of Shift: 4 hours
Skills Required to Perform the Assignment: Cheerfulness, good phone ettiquete, reliable.
Physical Demands: Job requires some walking, ability to push a wheelchair.
Reports to: Information Chairperson
08:00 AM to 11:45 AM
Job is Monday - Friday. Can work 1 shift - 1 day or more.
12:00 PM to 04:30 PM
Job is Monday - Friday, Can work 1 shift, 1 day or more.
- NONE OF THESE TIMES WORK FOR ME, BUT I CAN STILL HELP
No additional volunteer opportunities at this time.
About SPECTRUM HEALTH LAKELAND WATERVLIET HOSPITAL
400 Medical Park Dr., Watervliet, MI 49098, US
Mission: Improve health, instill humanity and inspire hope. Vision: A future where health is simple, affordable, equitable, and exceptional. Values: Compassion, Collaboration, Clarity, Curiosity, Courage.
- Watervliet is one of three in the Lakeland System. We are part of the Spectrum Health Lakeland system.
- There are 44 hospital beds at Watervliet
- Joint Commission Accredited, CARF Accredited, and Stroke Accredited
- The many health services provided include:
Surgery, In Patient Rehabilitation
Walk In Clinic
Lab, Radiology, MRI’s
Emergency DepartmentNutrition Services
400 Medical Park Dr.Watervliet, MI 49098
September 22, 2022
- People Skills
- Reading Comprehension
- Verbal / Written Communication
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 75 hours annually
- See job description.