Science Tricks and Animal Treats
ORGANIZATION: EcoTarium, WORCESTER NATURAL HISTORY SOCIETY
Please visit the new page to apply.
Science Tricks and Animal Treats is our Halloween event coming up; October 29 and 30. We are looking for volunteers for (7 total for each day). Volunteers help with the costume parade, table top activities, experiments (including exploding pumpkins and ghost crystals), trick or treat stations and more (see below)!
- Trick or Treat stations throughout the museum giving out candy.
- Guests are encouraged to wear costumes!
- In fact, there will be a costume parade each day for guests to join. (Probably in Nature Explore, but it depends on the weather.)
- Each day we are exploding a pumpkin. (Also probably in Nature Explore, depending on weather.)
- The African Communities exhibit on the lower level will become a black light Glow Zone.
- The zoo team will give animal chats about the ravens and the fox and vulture
- Two very cool Education tabletops--one called "Boo Bubbles" which are bubbles filled with dry ice smoke. (Here's a video: https://www.youtube. com/watch?v=MeUDny-5nPo). The other is called "Ghost Crystals" (Here's a video: https://www.youtube. com/watch?v=vW8G8wkgNiU).
No additional volunteer opportunities at this time.
About EcoTarium, WORCESTER NATURAL HISTORY SOCIETY
222 HARRINGTON WAY, WORCESTER, MA 01604, US
To contribute to a better world by inspiring a passion for science and nature.
The EcoTarium is a museum of science and nature located on 60 acres in Worcester, Massachusetts. The EcoTarium Educates the public on science and nature by combining its natural history collections, unreleasable wildlife and state-of-the-art technology to create exhibits and programs designed to inspire a passion for science and nature through discovery.
222 Harrington WayWorcester, MA 01604
September 22, 2022
- General Education
- Math / Science Instruction
- Teaching / Instruction
- Child Care
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 16
- The EcoTarium will be open from 10am-5pm both days.