Inspiring Minds Center Volunteers Needed!!
ORGANIZATION: A Precious Child, Inc.
Please visit the new page to apply.
Volunteer Reports to: Resource Center Assistant Manager
Summary: While parents and caretakers shop at the Resource Center during a scheduled visit, children have access to the Inspiring Minds Center - a designated space connected to our Resource Center that provides access to STEM-based activities, software, and games. The Inspiring Minds Center Volunteer will have the opportunity to directly engage, mentor, and teach children aged 4-12 as they explore the different STEM learning stations within the Inspiring Minds Center.
- Oversee intake of children visiting the Inspiring Minds Center
- Support in opening and closing tasks of the Inspiring Minds Center
- Assures that all equipment is charged and sanitized after each visit
- Ensure the safety and well-being of the children in the Inspiring Minds Center
- Provide an engaging and enriching experience through interactive STEM-based learning stations, assisting children as necessary
- Responsible for the overall cleanliness and organization of the Inspiring Minds Center
- Notify staff of any potential safety hazards within the Inspiring Minds Center
- Occasional support in the Resource Center or Empowerment Center may be needed to maintain a positive experience for our clients
- Volunteers must be aged 16+ to fulfill this position
- Be friendly and welcoming to clients, staff and other volunteers
- Work well with children of all ages and provide a positive and interactive experience
- Be organized and able to take initiative; working independently while checking in with the supervisor as needed
- Flexible in changing tasks based on the needs of the day
- Be able to be mobile through the duration of your shift and lift up to 30 pounds
- Respect and maintain confidentiality of A Precious Child clients, volunteers, partners, and donors
- Great communication skills
Training & Supervision:
- Complete Volunteer Orientation with Volunteer Department
- Complete Volunteer Waiver Form and Background Check
- Complete training with Resource Center Director and Resource Center Assistant Manager
- Shifts are available Monday-Friday, 9:00AM-5:00PM.
- We ask for a 6-month commitment to an established schedule of once a week for 3-4 hours; for students during the summer we will accept a shorter commitment.
- Make a difference by working directly with children
- Teach children that STEM based learning is fun
- Be a part of an amazing volunteer team who are the core of our organization
- Gain valuable work experience as part of a dynamic team
- Work in an impactful and fun environment.
To Apply: Email Volunteer@APreciousChild.org with "Inspiring Minds Center Volunteer" in the subject line.
About A Precious Child, Inc.
557 Burbank Street, Unit E, Broomfield, CO 80020, US
A Precious Child, Inc. is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization that provides children in need with opportunities and resources to empower them to achieve their full potential. A Precious Child envisions a future where every child grows up to be a secure, self-reliant, contributing member of their community.
A Precious Child assists children and families facing difficult life challenges such as abuse and neglect, crisis situations, and poverty. We work with more than 300 agency partners throughout eight counties which include Adams, Arapahoe, Boulder, Broomfield, Denver, Douglas, Jefferson, and Weld Counties to identify children and families in the most need of our services. Our core initiatives help build the whole child, in addition to meeting basic human needs through our Resource Center and Boutiques (satellite resource centers), we also help children and their families navigate community resources.
We aim to bridge the gap in a child’s education so that they can become a secure, self-reliant, contributing member of their community as adults.
7051 W. 118th AvenueBroomfield, CO 80020
September 21, 2022
- Child Care
- Background Check
- Must be at least 16
- Orientation or Training