Please visit the new page to apply.
Recruiting Organization: Our House, Inc.Organization
Founded in 1987, Our House is a nonprofit organization based in Little Rock, Arkansas. Our House empowers homeless and near-homeless families and individuals to succeed in the workforce, in school, and in life through hard work, wise decision-making, and active participation in the community. The diverse workforce that makes up the 100+ person team at Our House includes salaried and hourly staff, AmeriCorps and VISTA national service members, interns, and resident job trainees. Our House operates on a budget of approximately $4 million per year. Over the last decade, Our House has experienced tremendous growth, with an operating budget that has quintupled in size and a campus expansion that has included $10 million in capital investment. For more information, visit www.ourhouseshelter.org.Corporate Culture
Our House has a uniquely positive and mission-focused corporate culture. Team members are encouraged and expected to take their position seriously, work hard, work together, engage supporters wherever possible, and always remain focused on the Our House mission. The Our House team has defined a set of seven "Guiding Principles" that characterize our culture and that we intentionally seek to uphold. They can be found at www.ourhouseshelter.org/guidingprinciples.Position Summary
Since 2007, over 100 different people have served as full-time Volunteers In Service To America (VISTA) at Our House. VISTAs have helped Our House build capacity in countless ways. AmeriCorps VISTAs serve in different programs in the organization to build capacity including: fundraising and resource development, volunteer recruitment, communications, program development, and more.Responsibilities
Each AmeriCorps VISTA receives a Volunteer Assignment Description (VAD) that guides their year of service. Some responsibilities in each VAD include:
- Communications VISTA: Engage the community through online content, outreach, and fundraising activities. Coordinate two annual fundraising events to raise $600,000 for Our House
- Career Center VISTA: Coordinate Career Center events
- Volunteer Operations VISTA: Collaborate with the Volunteer Manager to increase the number of volunteers and donations
- Food and Wellness VISTA: Recruit potential one-time and ongoing meal servers to meet campus needs.
- Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion VISTA: Research best practices related to developing DEI trainings and workshops, and strategies to assess DEI outcomes and overall effectiveness.
- Social Enterprise VISTA: Facilitate store-to-campus donations request and fulfillment program in coordination with the Donations Procurement VISTA.
- Housing and Community Development VISTA: Identify areas of opportunity for increased client recognition and other morale-encouraging acknowledgments and create a sustainable system for future programming.
- Reentry Program VISTA: Evaluate the effectiveness of the Reentry Program, so services better meet client needs and more effectively reduce recidivism.
- Other positions and activities are listed on www.ourhouseshelter.org/jobs
The AmeriCorps VISTA will be thoroughly committed to Our House’s mission and to national service. All candidates should have the following qualifications and experience:
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, including public speaking skills.
- Strong people skills, with the ability to form effective working relationships with a wide range of people.
- Strong organizational skills and ability to drive multiple simultaneous projects to completion.
- At least 18 years of age.
- A United States Citizen, National, or Permanent Resident.
- Bachelor’s degree is preferred but not required.
- Must be able to lift 35 pounds.
- Must have a valid driver’s license.
- Must be available to serve for a full one-year term.
- Vaccination is required. We will consider accommodations for disability- and religious-based reasons.
This is a full-time national service position that provides a living allowance of approximately $17,552 over the course of one year. You also have a choice of two awards at the end of a successful year of service: a $3,000 cash stipend or a $6,495 Segal Education Award for future educational expenses or federal student loan payments. Health insurance is available. Some additional health benefits are available to VISTA members to help with the cost of co-pays and other medical expenses. Childcare assistance and relocation assistance are available to VISTA members who qualify. One year of non-competitive eligibility is also available. Some professional development training opportunities are offered and paid for by Our House. You are responsible for your own housing and other living expenses.To Apply
- Apply Here: https://forms.gle/Aa2GAha2tvCnKA5V6
- For more information about AmeriCorps State and National, go to https://www.nationalservice.gov/programs/americorps/americorps-state-national/become-member.
Our House is a drug-free workplace.
Our House is an equal opportunity employer. We value diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all team members. People of color and members of the LGBTQ community are encouraged to apply.
Language/Cultral Support AvailableFalse
Fee Amount: None
This opportunity is recurring
389 5th Ave, 9th Floor, New York, NY 11109, US
To bridge the gap between intention and action in order to bring about social impact.
Idealist is a leading online global resource for finding jobs in the nonprofit sector, as well as volunteer opportunities and graduate school programs for social impact.
302 East Roosevelt RoadLittle Rock, AR 72206
November 16, 2022
- WEEKDAYS, FULL_TIME