We're sorry, this opportunity is no longer active.
Memphis Museums, Inc. has 1 more opportunity, please check it out.See Opportunities
Party with a purpose at MoSH/ Drag Show and Dance Party at the Memphis Museum of Science & History
ORGANIZATION: Memphis Museums, Inc.
Please visit the new page to apply.
Volunteers Needed for a Special Event at the Memphis Museum of Science & History.
Event: Drag Show and Dance Party
Location:3050 Central Ave. 38111
Date : Friday, September 23,2022
Volunteers are needed for a special event at MoSH this Friday from 5:30-9:30.The event will star a diverse cast of performers featuring different styles, expressions, and identities. Showing some of the infinite ways in which we can manifest the art of drag. This event is for all ages. Volunteers will help monitor the exhibit areas, direct guests to arts and crafts areas, check in guests, and help everyone have a good time at this all age inclusive event.
To volunteer for this event or If anyone would like more information on volunteering please contact Janie Best Paraham@memphistn.gov or 901-636-2438.
No additional volunteer opportunities at this time.
About Memphis Museums, Inc.
Pink Palace Family of Museums, 3050 Central Avenue, Memphis, TN 38111, US
The Pink Palace Family of Museums inspires visitors to discover human cultures, the natural world, technology and the universe. Our vision is to be a leader in creating a community of lifelong learners.
The Pink Palace Family of Museums is the most visited of Tennessee’s museums and one of the largest facilities of its kind in the Southeast. You can explore the cultural and natural history of the Mid-South through exciting exhibits, dioramas, and audio-visuals. Trace Memphis' development from the time of Spanish explorers through the Civil War and the yellow fever epidemics. You will also see how dinosaurs and fossils dramatically chronicle our ever-changing planet. The Museum also hosts a number of touring exhibits for visitors to see and experience throughout the year. The Museum offers:
- The Crew Training International 3D Giant Theater, with a screen four (4) stories high, offers educational films that takes you to exotic places or engages you with stories of world exploration from the deep sea to outer space.
- The Lida Gammill Sharpe Planetarium, a 130-seat theater-in-the-round, using planetarium technology to project star fields, visual images and patterns on a domed ceiling.
- Lichterman Nature Center, located in the heart of metropolitan Memphis, offers exciting nature exhibits and spans 65 acres of lake, meadow, and forest habitats. A certified arboretum, Lichterman has the convenience of extensive handicap accessible indoor and outdoor facilities for use during all types of weather. Three miles of accessible trails wind and loop through representative mid-south habitats punctuated by conveniently located rest stops.
- Coon Creek Science Center, located in rural McNairy County, Tennessee, is one of the most important fossil sites in North America. This property contains a treasure lode of superbly preserved Upper Cretaceous marine shells and vertebrate remains left there 70 million years ago when the water of the Gulf of Mexico receded.
3050 Central Ave.Memphis, TN 38111
September 20, 2022
- Music Arts
- Exhibition Arts
- Must be at least 18
- four hours
- Volunteers must be 18 years and over for this event. To volunteer you must contact Janie Best Paraham @ email@example.com to be placed on the volunteer list.