9 people are interested
We are looking for caring and compassionate volunteers. Are you one?
ORGANIZATION: Amedisys Hospice - Beaumont
Please visit the new page to apply.
9 people are interested
If you have a passion for caring for others and are looking for a way to make a difference in people’s lives, consider becoming a hospice volunteer. As a hospice volunteer and an important part of our hospice care team, you can help improve the quality of life for our patients, their families and their caregivers.
Currently looking for volunteers for:
- Offering companionship
- Scrapbooking, arts and crafts
- Making weekly telephone calls
- Veteran to Veteran visits
- Help by grocery shopping, running errands for patients
- Call bingo at our local senior facilities
- Provide respite for caregivers
- Assisting with office duties
- Answering phones
- Providing help with bereavement mailings
- Attending local community service and health fairs
- Creating Chart-a-life posters, grief journals
Professional Volunteers, using your talents:
- Massage/Reiki/and other alternative therapies
- Music therapy
- Art therapy
- Pet Therapy
- Videographer, Photographer
- Crafting and delivering seasonal gifts to patients
- Sending birthday cards
- Delivering birthday balloons, card and cupcake
No additional volunteer opportunities at this time.
About Amedisys Hospice - Beaumont
350 Pine Street, Beaumont, TX 77701, US
Amedisys is a leading provider of home healthcare and hospice services, focused on providing professional and personalized care for each and every patient in the comfort of his or her home. Our patients are the number one reason we are here and our commitment is to care for you or your loved ones as we would our own.
We are looking for caring, compassionate volunteers willing to spend a few hours a month helping to support patients and their families. As little as a few hours a month can bring so much support to these patients and their families. A hospice volunteer is a special part of our hospice team. If you have a desire to make a difference in the lives of the terminally ill, to those that are grieving or to our support staff. Then you have the qualities that we are looking for in our volunteers. Volunteering includes visiting patients, creating charts of life, reading and playing games with them, making weekly phones calls, sending birthday cards and much more.
New volunteers participate in free training that provides information on our hospice philosophy.
350 Pine StreetBeaumontBeaumont, TX 77701
August 10, 2023
- Data Entry
- Bereavement Support
- Hospice Care
- Community Outreach
- People Skills
- Relationship Building
- People 55+
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 16
- Orientation or Training
- Volunteer hours are totally up to the time the volunteer wants to give and we respect that.