Veteran Volunteer (We Honor Veterans) Ongoing
ORGANIZATION: Amedisys Hospice Care ( Multiple Locations)
Please visit the new page to apply.
Amedisys Hospice of Southwestern Pennsylvania is looking for compassionate individuals to volunteer their time to support patients who are receiving hospice services from our staff. Benefits of being a volunteer are that you get to join an outstanding team and you get to interact with some amazing people. We have hospice care centers in Monroeville, Washington, Monongahela, Masontown, and Uniontown.
Veteran volunteers play an important role in veterans hospice programs. Given their unique experiences, sacrifices, and training, there’s a special bond among veterans. They share a common culture and language.
Some of the hospice care services veteran volunteers provide include:
- Visiting a veteran who is approaching end-of-life
- Helping a veteran understand and apply for veterans’ benefits
- Listening to life stories and reminiscing
- Calling a veteran on hospice care to check in on how they’re doing
- Attending veterans pinning ceremonies or other honors and celebrations
To start volunteering, you will follow the application process. When you apply, we can discuss with you the full range of volunteer opportunities. Amedisys also provides a periodic training program.
About Amedisys Hospice Care ( Multiple Locations)
1368 Mall Run Road, Suite # 624, Uniontown, PA 15401, US
We honor those we serve with compassionate home health, hospice, and personal care services that apply the highest quality clinical practices toward allowing our patients to maintain a sense of independence, quality of life and dignity.
Amedisys is a leading provider of healthcare in the home with a vision of becoming the premiere solution for patients across the country to age in place. From home health to hospice to personal care, Amedisys team members provide quality, clinically-distinctive care to more than 415,000 patients every year.
Multiple locations Monroeville, PA 15146
November 14, 2023
- Hospice Care
- People Skills
- Relationship Building
- Background Check
- Must be at least 16
- Orientation or Training
- As a volunteer, you can pick the hours and days that fit your schedule, but we request at least 1-4 hours of your time each week.
- To maintain quality care for our patients and families, we have a few additional requirements of our hospice volunteers such as references, and a statement of health.