Bereavement Volunteer Needed for Heartland Hospice
210 people are interested
We believe our mission is to enrich lives. That begins with every life we encounter: Our employees, our patients, and those who love and care for them, the communities in which we operate, our stakeholders and those who are yet to become our customers.
What is hospice care?
Hospice is designed to provide comfort care as well as spiritual and emotional support to people in the final phase of a terminal illness. Hospice stresses human values that go beyond the physical needs, so that each client can spend their final days in dignity and comfort.
What will you do?
You will become an important part of a support team to perform tasks such as: filing, answering phones, copying, organizing, and assisting office staff with a variety of duties to keep our office organized.
- Ablility to commit to a minimum of 6 months (preferred).
- Reliable transportation.
- Minimum age to volunteer is 16 (for office volunteers)
- Must have weekday availability for office volunteers
- Flexible schedules
- Learn new skills
- Meet new people
- Make a difference
- Rewarding - Gives more than it takes
- Healthy - Long-term volunteers have longer lives, less disease and better overall health
- It's fun!
For more information, please call Teri Brown, Volunteer Coordinator at 408-450-7850 or email via email at Teri.Brown@hcr-manorcare.com
We'll work with your schedule.
2005 De La Cruz Blvd. Suite # 271Santa Clara, CA 95050
- Administrative Support
- Customer Service
- People Skills
- People 55+
- Background Check
- Must be at least 16
- Orientation or Training
- 6 -12 months
- Flexible scheduleReliable transportation