2 people are interested
Please visit the new page to apply.
2 people are interested
The Fresno Veterans V.A. Medical Hospital: Center for Development and Civic Engagement (formerly known as VA Voluntary Services) is pleased to announce we are now accepting Volunteer applications for 2023! We are also looking for Volunteers from now until the end of the year for the Holiday Season! Ages 14 and older can join us to serve those who have served! Please contact us to have the application packet sent to you at: firstname.lastname@example.org or call (559) 228-5364 during office hours Monday -Friday 8:00am-4:30pm.
To qualify you must have the following (provided by V.A. Hospital with some exceptions):
- COVID vaccination
- Flu vaccination
- TB test
- 18+ Background inquiry (younger than 18 exempt)
Benefits of Volunteering with the V.A.:
- The satisfaction and joy of serving Veterans
- Exposure to the functionality of a medical center
- Awards for milestones of hours volunteered
- Awards for performance achievements
- Experience to place on resume
- Documentation of all volunteer hours for scholarship and university applications
- Letters of recommendation for future employment
- Letters of recommendation for scholarship and university applications
- Scholarship opportunities
- Complimentary lunch
Sign up today to be the change at The Center for Development and Civic Engagement. For more information call (559) 228-5364!
More opportunities with CDCE Center for Development and Civic Engagement (formerly Volunteer Services)
No additional volunteer opportunities at this time.
About CDCE Center for Development and Civic Engagement (formerly Volunteer Services)
2615 E. Clinton Avenue, Fresno, CA 93703, US
We were founded in 1946 to provide for our nation’s Veterans while they are cared for by VA health care facilities. We are one of the largest centralized volunteer program in the Federal government. More than 7,400 national and community organizations support our program and our Volunteers have provided over 760 million hours of service and nearly $1.9 billion dollars in gifts and donations to our Veterans and Veteran Services!
Each year community volunteers give selflessly of their time and resources in service to America’s Veterans. It is impossible to calculate the amount of caring and sharing that these volunteers provide to Veteran patients. VA volunteers are a priceless asset to the Nation’s Veterans and to the Department of Veterans Affairs.
2615 East Clinton AvenueFresno, CA 93703
September 19, 2022
- Customer Service
- People 55+
- Background Check
- Must be at least 14
- At least 4 hours during a volunteer day.
- COVID vaccination Flu vaccination TB test 18+ Background inquiry (younger than 18 exempt)