Human Resources Intern
ORGANIZATION: MSS-Midwest Special Services, Inc
Please visit the new page to apply.
MSS is a local non-profit agency that provides services to adults with intellectual and physical disabilities. We are seeking a part time intern to assist our Human Resources department. Internship scheduling is flexible, and can be scheduled anytime Monday-Friday, and for approximately 8-12 hours each week. This is a great opportunity for students interested in a career in Human Resources or Office Management.
Responsibilities may include:
- Data entry
- Maintain and monitor personnel files and employee training records
- Assist the Human Resource Department with the recruitment of new employees
- Conduct audits of HR systems, safety policies and practices, etc. as requested
- Work with Human Resources/Volunteer Coordinator to develop a formal Internship program
- Maintain a high level of professionalism
- Abide by all relevant policy and procedures, including those on safety, confidentiality and professional conduct, etc.
Currently attending a post-secondary education program, preferably with a focus on Human Resources or Office Management. Excellent verbal and written communication skills, strong attention to detail, a high level of accuracy, and ability to work with confidential information is required. Excellent customer service skills and demonstrated ability to work in a team setting. Must have a valid driver’s license and be insurable under the terms set by our insurance carrier. Must pass a drug screen, DHS background check and other criminal background checks as determined by MSS.
A full position description can be provided upon request.
Students interested in applying for this internship should contact Jodi Meerovich at firstname.lastname@example.org for further information about the application process.
About MSS-Midwest Special Services, Inc
900 Ocean St, St. Paul, MN 55106, US
The Mission of MSS is to support people with disabilities as vital and contributing members of our community
As a 501c3 nonprofit organization, we provide community and employment services to individuals with a wide range of disabilities. We believe everyone is a vital and contributing member of their community, and our goal is to help create a future where people are supported to live the life they envision. A life full of friendship, community, and most of all- choices.
900 Ocean StSt. PaulSt. Paul, MN 55106
September 19, 2022
- Organization Design
- Performance Management
- Human Resources Information Systems
- Human Resources Training & Development
- Human Resources Assistance
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 8-12 hours a week, can be flexible. Mon-Fri only