1 person is interested
Help in garden!! (No experience necessary)
ORGANIZATION: Loveland Learning Garden
Please visit the new page to apply.
1 person is interested
Come volunteer with us in our beautiful learning garden! No experience necessary, our new garden manager will be there to guide you all along the way. Tasks may include transplanting, planting seeds, weeding, laying wood chips, compost management, etc. Meet at the garden located in between the Loveland Primary & Elementary schools on Loveland Madeira Rd. Garden is in between the building when looking from street side. Look for garden shed with our logo! Bring your family and friends. Kids welcome! Feel free to leave early or come later as needed.
About Loveland Learning Garden
550 Loveland-Madeira Road, Loveland, OH 45140, US
Our mission is to foster lifelong connections to the wonders of the natural world. We believe in the benefits of immersing kids in the outdoors from a young age and the lasting impact of positive impressions with nature. To support this, our non-profit creates and manages garden and nature based programs on school grounds for elementary students. Our garden and nature trail are used to enhance classroom study while allowing children an opportunity to experience nature, the satisfaction of growing their own food and contributing harvest to the local food pantry.
Our program in Loveland, OH, serves ~1,400 1st-4th grade students and has been a local and national role model for outdoor school garden and nature programs. Working in collaboration with school administration and staff, we offer a complete package of services that include:
- Design and year-round maintenance of educational food garden and nature trail on school grounds.
- A customized, age appropriate curriculum aligned with both school and state requirements
- A schedule of outdoor learning classes provided for classroom teacher signup
- Nature educators prepared to teach interactive lessons
- A non-profit board overseeing results and building a sustainable operation with strong school and teacher partnership
- Hands-on learning enhancing student understanding of science, math, social studies, health and the natural world as they interact with their environment.
- After school enrichment programs and community events
- Donation to local food pantry and use of all food grown
- Student discovery of plant cycles, garden habitats, food production and fresh produce
- Student connection and observation of change in nature
600 Loveland Madeira RoadLoveland, OH 45140
September 19, 2022
- People 55+
- Service hours available!
- Signup at: firstname.lastname@example.org. Tell us you'd to like come and how many will be joining you.