DONATE TO THIS
6 people are interested
National Marketing/Communications Director
ORGANIZATION: GUARDIAN ANGELS FOR SOLDIERS PET
Please visit the new page to apply.
DONATE TO THIS
6 people are interested
The National Marketing & Communications Director is a virtual volunteer role for Guardian Angels for Soldier’s Pet responsible for the organization’s marketing and communications strategy. As the lead of the National Marketing/Communications Team, this position overseas all areas of marketing and communication for the organization.
This role reports to the CEO.
- Develop creative marketing and communications strategies, plans and approaches to position the organization in front of different stakeholders (military service members, potential foster homes, potential donors, potential volunteers and the general public).
- Identifies challenges and emerging issues that may face the organization. Works with National Headquarters to recognize internal and external communications opportunities.
- Acts as a resource on best marketing/communications practices to other volunteers.
- Brand Management
- Ensure the brand meets the guidelines of the style guide.
- Overseas any new development of the organization’s brand with the Graphic Designer.
- Acts as a brand ambassador to the public and internal volunteers.
- Overseas all print collateral for the organization.
- Collaborates with Graphic Designer on content, layout, and design.
- Electronic Communications
- Plan the electronic communications editorial calendar (newsletters and email blasts) with Communications Manager.
- Collaborates with the Blog Editor on potential articles for the organization’s blog.
- Drafts internal communication items to distribute to volunteers.
- Reviews all electronic communication items prior to distribution.
- Social Media
- Overseas social media program.
- Develops web strategy, any new webpages and ensures that website is up-to-date with the Webmaster.
- Media Relations
- Exercises judgment to prioritize media opportunities to present to the Board and CEO.
- Reviews all talking points to ensure that the organizations key messages are conveyed and are consistent.
- Serves as the Media Contact in there is no Media Relations Manager in place.
- Staff Management
- Recruit and manage National Marketing Team to support all marketing and communications efforts.
- Mentor and train volunteers on an as needed basis based on skill levels.
- Responsible to check official email account on a daily basis.
- Provide updates to CEO on a monthly basis.
- Prepares and submits the monthly "Volunteer Service Hours" report to the National office
- A passion to help our military service members, veterans, and their beloved pets plus work with other people who share this passion
- Writing and editing experience.
- Understand, follow, and adhere to the Organization’s mission, purpose, operating procedures, and organizational policies and guidelines.
- Professional, organized, reliable, able to work with a diverse group of people, and able to work both independently and as part of a team.
- Comfortable using and access to MS office pro (such as Word, Excel, Power Point) or Open Office and communicate via the internet, phone calls, and email.
- Have their own computer (desktop or laptop)
- Comfortable promoting the organization and mission with family, friends, co-workers, and other military/veteran organizations
- Marketing, Communications, or Media Relations background preferred.
- Able to commit at least 1 year in this position
- Estimated Time Per Month: averaging 35-40 hours
About GUARDIAN ANGELS FOR SOLDIERS PET
402 BARTON LN, GATESVILLE, TX 76528, US
National all-volunteer 501(c)3 Military and Veteran Support Organization assisting active duty service members, wounded warriors, veterans, and their beloved companion animals or assistance service canines through various assistance programs.
Guardian Angels for Soldier's Pet organized in January 2005 due to deploying single service members and dual military deploying out of country due to combat and peacekeeping missions for up to 12 months, having no one able or willing to care for their furbabies while they were gone. This was leaving them only one choice which was to surrender their beloved furbabies to a local animal shelter never to see them again or no what happened to them. Today we have 3 programs: (1) Pet Foster Home program which covers all 50 states and all branches of service, which includes a "Military Pet Assistance" (MPA) fund for specific situations. The program's clients are deploying service members (primarily single service members and dual military service members) and honorably discharged veterans with an unforeseen inpatient medical issue or is homeless. (2) MVP Sanctuary - TX currently in development stage with the purpose to provide additional support to our TX based service members and their families; and (3) Warriors' Angels (WA) - TX program related to assisting our service members and honorable discharged veterans officially diagnosed with PTSD in obtaining an appropriate candidate to be trained as their service dog with a training facility at our TX property which is part of the development of the MVP Sanctuary.
This is a Virtual Opportunity with no fixed address.
October 18, 2023
- Marketing & Communications (Mar/Com)
- Marketing Strategy & Planning
- Brand Development & Messaging
- Problem Solving
- Verbal / Written Communication
- Must be at least 50
- Orientation or Training
- Average 35-40 hours per month, minimum 1 year committment