9 people are interested
ORGANIZATION: National Pet Advocacy and Welfare Society (NPAWS)
Please visit the new page to apply.
9 people are interested
NPAWS is seeking an innovative and outgoing grant writing volunteer with a demonstrable record of consistent grant writing success to research, write, prepare, submit, manage and coordinate grant applications and proposals to potential sponsors such as foundations, government, and corporate sources who will help us with our Pet Positive Veterinary Clinic Certification Program. The grant writer will be responsible for identifying grant opportunities and managing the grant development and proposal process. Candidates must possess excellent verbal and written communication skills, a professional and resourceful demeanor, the ability to work both independently and as a team player, and a desire to take initiative and manage numerous projects simultaneously.
* Demonstrated experience in obtaining grants from non-profits, charities, and other philanthropic organizations
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills required
* Strong interpersonal and presentation skills required
* Good deadline-tracking skills
* Detail-oriented, adaptable, organized, and demonstrated ability to successfully manage multiple projects and tasks
* Responsible for conducting the full range of activities required to prepare, submit, and manage grant proposals to foundation and corporate sources
* Perform prospect research on foundations and corporations to evaluate prospects for corporate and foundation grants
* Comply with all grant reporting as required by foundation/corporate donors
* Maintain current records in database and in paper files, including grant tracking and reporting
Duties & Responsibilities
* Research and identify grant opportunities based on funding amount needed, location, and organization project
* Track and create a calendar of grant opportunities - including deadline dates, required materials, etc
* Complete and submit grant applications to secure funding
* Successfully understand and communicate the mission and vision of the company applying for the grant
* Maintain the chart of grant applications: including grants applied to, the status of application, grant deadline
* Communicate with foundations, if needed, to confirm an organization is applicable to apply for funding
* Identify all requirements of grant to ensure all necessary attachments are submitted on timeThe Pet Positive Movement is a positive proactive revolution to save America's pets' tails, toes, ears, and more from non-therapeutic invasive procedures.
Too often, tail docking, declawing, ear cropping, and more go unnoticed. They are simply part of "what is". NPAWS and, hopefully, you will end that. The first phase of the movement involves recognizing, applauding, and certifying America's veterinarians who do not perform non-therapeutic invasive pet procedures. We will share their choice with the public on our website and in other ways to enable like-minded clients to easily find them.
Volunteers like you will help NPAWS to end normalized pet cruelty by saving tails, ears, claws, and more from non-therapeutic invasive procedures. At the same time, it will help you gain valuable skills in a vital role plus you can earn volunteer experience you can put towards a future career or education. It's a win-win for you and NPAWS.
No additional volunteer opportunities at this time.
About National Pet Advocacy and Welfare Society (NPAWS)
10900 Research Blvd, Ste 160C, #1254, Austin, TX 78759, US
The National Pet Advocacy and Welfare Society (NPAWS) believes that all pets are born beautiful. The NPAWS Pet Positive Movement is working to end normalized pet cruelty by saving tails, ears, claws, and more from non-therapeutic invasive procedures. Such needless actions as tail docking, ear cropping, declawing, and other antiquated traditions have no place in modern America.
Our Pet Positive Movement draws veterinarians, businesses, and other Pet Positive people and organizations together to end this normalized pet cruelty in the United States.
NPAWS is a 501(c)3 charitable organization. We are 100% volunteer run and based in Austin, TX.
This is a Virtual Opportunity with no fixed address.
May 29, 2023
- Grant Writing / Research
- 8-10 hours in a week