Marketing & Communications Analyst VISTA
Please visit the new page to apply.
Recruiting Organization: Latin American Association
Job Title:Marketing & Communications Analyst VISTA
Type: AmeriCorps VISTA (Volunteers in Service to America)
Department: Operations Department
Compensation: Bi-weekly stipend
Applications: To apply, please send your resume and a brief email explaining your interest in the program to Catherine Warren (email@example.com), Senior Operations Associate - Volunteer Relations
Founded in 1972, the Latin American Association (LAA) is the longest serving and largest provider of social and immigration legal services in the metro Atlanta Latino community. In the past year, our services have impacted more than 40,000 individuals in the past year. The proposed VISTA position fits into our Economic Development and Education focus areas. As a member of the LAA OperationsCorps - the LAA Marketing & Communications Analyst VISTA will work side-by-side the marketing team to refine marketing and communications policies and procedures. The VISTA will also aid the marketing and communications team in training on existing and new processes. In addition, the VISTA will lead creation of collateral pieces to be used by the organization going forward.
Member Duties Include:
1. Review current operational processes related to marketing and communications;
2. Identify necessary improvements to be made in processes as well as processes to eliminate;
3. Collaborate with communications and marketing team to create an improvement plan for organization marketing processes
4. Establish new and improved processes and procedures for marketing and communication for LAA programs and fundraising efforts;
5. Document marketing and communications SOPs and train staff on new SOPs;
6. Research and identify marketing collateral needs for the LAA
7. With outreach staff attend community and/or outreach events to share marketing collateral with clients
8. Survey clients on effectiveness of collateral
9. Develop marketing plan for use of collateral across different marketing channels
- A relocation and settling in allowance
- A bi-weekly stipend totaling around $15,000 annually;
- An additional stipend for education after their completion of service;
- Childcare benefits;
- Health care benefits;
- Professional development trainings through AmeriCorps learning management system
- Non-Competitive Eligibility (NCE) status with the federal government (i.e. you enter the federal hiring pool as a current federal employee for up to one year after your term)
- Time worked as AmeriCorps VISTA counts toward total federal service
- Scholarship eligibility with selected schools
1. Access to LAA professional opportunities
2. Mileage granted for official LAA travel
3. Professional development with LAA staff development and training program offered through partners like Nonprofit University at Georgia Center for Nonprofits and Emory University Continuing Education
4. Gain exposure and experience in the field of nonprofit management, and the Atlanta nonprofit industry, immigrant/refugee/human services nonprofit space
5. Develop a working knowledge of marketing and communications in the nonprofit space
6. Gain skills related to the Spanish language and exposure to a bicultural/bilingual learning experience in the field of social and community services.
7. Lead an implement large scale marketing and communications projects with our marketing and communications team.
8. Develop a positive attitude, cultural diversity skills, and a strong desire to help the community.
9. Learn how to relate effectively with people of diverse cultural and economic backgrounds.
Language/Cultral Support Available
Fee Amount: None
This opportunity is recurring
389 5th Ave, 9th Floor, New York, NY 11109, US
To bridge the gap between intention and action in order to bring about social impact.
Idealist is a leading online global resource for finding jobs in the nonprofit sector, as well as volunteer opportunities and graduate school programs for social impact.
2750 Buford Highway NortheastAtlanta, GA 30324
September 17, 2022
- WEEKDAYS, FULL_TIME