DONATE TO THIS
1 person is interested
Connect students with the community as a Red Cross Club Coordinator! Fairfax County, VA
Please visit the new page to apply.
DONATE TO THIS
1 person is interested
The Red Cross Club Coordinator serves as the Red Cross Unit Contact for the Club and is the person ensuring the link between the Club and the Chapter/Station/Blood Region in which the Club resides. Red Cross Club Coordinator supports and guides the Red Cross Club in its service engagement as well as informs the Club about opportunities that lay at the local Red Cross unit level.Responsibilities
- Manage 1-4 Clubs; Meet with Red Cross Club officers and Club Advisor/Sponsor at beginning of school year. * Be available to attend Club meetings as necessary or requested by Club leaders, or arrange for attendance by other chapter leadership.
* Be available to attend Club events/activities and fundraisers as necessary or requested by Club leaders, or arrange for attendance by other chapter leadership.
* Assist the Red Cross Club officers with Club registration/renewal process on Volunteer Connection, including ensuring the Club Constitution is approved and submitted.
* Lead efforts to get all Red Cross Club members registered quickly in Volunteer Connection and added into the proper Club GroupShare.
* Ensure that the Club enters all Club Events in Volunteer Connection (using the Club Events tab).
* Approve volunteer hours of Red Cross Club members in Volunteer Connection.
* Provide Club with guidance and resources to be successful.
* Provide Club with Brand Guidelines and style guidelines and provide guidance about the use of the brand.
* Provide Club access to promotional materials on Brand Central for Club recruitment, Club member recognition, Club events and fundraisers, as needed.
* Integrate Club members into the activities of the local Red Cross unit.
* Provide Club members with volunteer opportunities through multiple lines of service.
* Create and maintain an environment where youth feel empowered to lead and mobilize peers in community service projects addressing local and global issues.
- Roughly 2-3 hours per week. During the beginning and end of the school year, 4-5 hours per week may be required.
- Must have weekday daytime/afternoon availability.
- Adult 18+ years only
- Have experience working with and leading youth.
* Enthusiastic about American Red Cross programs.
* Exceptional people skills to understand and meet the needs of a diverse audience.
* Ability to work with computer database (training provided).
* Excellent oral communication and presentation skills.
* Comfortable making phone calls to volunteers.
* Be electronic and social media savvy.
Volunteer Management Team, Red Cross Club leaders· Length of Appointment
Long-term, i.e. at least 1 school year· Development Opportunities
The Red Cross Club Coordinator receives support, guidance, and encouragement from the Volunteer Management Team. She or he has access to relevant learning opportunities and materials that prepare for and support this role. Attend relevant workshops or trainings that will lead to growth, development and continued volunteer service.· Requirements * Orientation to the American Red Cross
* American Red Cross Youth and Young Adults Volunteer Orientation
* Volunteer Connection Orientation
* Training session to discuss position and expectations, and to review Red Cross Club Coordinator Training Guide, Red Cross Club Requirements, Red Cross Club Toolkits, and Helpful Resources for Red Cross Unit Contacts working with Red Cross Clubs.
* Review all documents on Red Cross Club Topic Hub
About American Red Cross - National Capital & Greater Chesapeake Region
4700 Mt. Hope Drive, Baltimore, MD 21215, US
The American Red Cross prevents and alleviates human suffering in the face of emergencies by mobilizing the power of volunteers and the generosity of donors.
Every single day, the American Red Cross helps people in emergencies. Whether it's one displaced family, thousands of disaster victims, or providing care and comfort to a service member, our vital work is made possible by people like you. It is through the time and care of ordinary people that we can do extraordinary things.
Any where in Fairfax countyFairfax County, VA 22031
September 23, 2022
- Youth Services
- Safety & Disaster Education
- Basic Computer Skills
- People Skills
- People 55+
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- Roughly 2-3 hours per week.