2 people are interested
Help to support our Military and Veterans by volunteering your time as a Hero Care Caseworker
ORGANIZATION: American Red Cross
Please visit the new page to apply.
2 people are interested
The American Red Cross Hero Care Network provides emergency communications and critical services to military members, veterans and their families all over the world 7 days a week, 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.
* 100% a Virtual Volunteering Opportunity in WESTERN, NY (can be performed from any location in WNY)
Support the Red Cross mission
*Must be able to make cold calls
*Must have own computer and internet access (this position can NOT be performed on the phone)
*Must have excellent speaking/communication skills
*Must be willing to work on 3-5 cases per week
*The is a curriculum of online trainings that MUST be completed in full
* Maintain strict confidentiality of any case notes, names and other personal information in accordance with Red Cross policies
* Understand and apply Service to Armed Forces (SAF) policies, procedures and protocols related to Red Cross client services consistently and correctly
* Support the follow up process to include making follow-up calls to military members and/or families to determine if their needs are met, providing other follow-up actions needed for complete and timely client service
* Acquire a working knowledge of local, state and federal resources aiding military members, families and veterans
* Maintain professionalism and conduct as stated in Red Cross policy
SAF Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WPUrl9DRfAg
About American Red Cross
620 E Main St, Endicott, NY 13760, US
The American Red Cross prevents and alleviates human suffering in the face of emergencies by mobilizing the power of volunteers and the generosity of donors.
The American Red Cross, through its strong network of volunteers, donors and partners, is always there in times of need. We aspire to turn compassion into action so that...
...all people affected by disaster across the country and around the world receive care, shelter and hope;
...our communities are ready and prepared for disasters;
...everyone in our country has access to safe, lifesaving blood and blood products;
...all members of our armed services and their families find support and comfort whenever needed; and
...in an emergency, there are always trained individuals nearby, ready to use their Red Cross skills to save lives.
Multiple locations Rochester, NY 14602
January 17, 2023
- Community Outreach
- Basic Computer Skills
- People Skills
- Relationship Building
- Verbal / Written Communication
- Background Check
- Orientation or Training
- to be determined by supervisor
- This position is 100% virtual, working independently and be an effective communicator