1 person is interested
LavaLove (Clothing Center Associate)
ORGANIZATION: POWER CHANGES LIVES INC
Please visit the new page to apply.
1 person is interested
Objective/ Description: Clothing Center Associate gives special attention to our guests understanding that many literally have "only the shirts on their back", tattered and heavily soiled clothing.
- Set-up clothing table
- Sort clothing by type (tops, bottoms, and gender)
- Store clothing in labeled, clear plastic bins
- Breakdown table after services
Qualifications: Open to All ages
LavaLove(r), a 29’ customized all-weather, 3-unit shower-toilet mobile hygiene trailer provides full services to sheltered and unsheltered homeless guests, restoring dignity in those overlooked solely based on their current housing status, bringing visibility to those "invisible" within the community. LavaLove(r) will provide over 8,000 showers per yeardelivering access to clean water and hot showers. We will rapidly expand providing shower trailers in Morristown, NJ (Morris County), Newark, NJ (Essex County), New York City, NY, Paterson, NJ (Passaic County), Phillipsburg, NJ (Warren County), Trenton, NJ (Mercer County), and Atlantic City, NJ (Atlantic County). As we grow support of additional partners and legislators, we will roll out additional trailer deployments to cover every county in New Jersey and New York.
Click here to apply: Tinyurl.com/LavaLoveVolunteer
08:30 AM to 04:30 PM
- NONE OF THESE TIMES WORK FOR ME, BUT I CAN STILL HELP
No additional volunteer opportunities at this time.
About POWER CHANGES LIVES INC
403 WELSH PL, MORRIS PLAINS, NJ 07950, US
POWER's (People Organized Working Evolving Reaching) mission is to give low-income, minority, and underserved communities the capacity to build and thrive, eliminating disparities in aging, education, finance, food insecurity, health, housing wellness, and social justice and reform.
POWER(r) has several initiatives to directly address disparities in low-income, minority, and underserved communities throughout the United States:
- Senior Connect(r): providing pre-programmed Kindle Fire 7 tablets with life-saving technology to those ages 65+ to reduce COVID-19 related deaths.
- iPlay(r): providing free instruments and virtual lessons to LIMU K-12 students.
- iLearn(r): providing free virtual tutoring and educational support to LIMU K-12 students.
- iAmArt(r): providing free art instruction and therapy to combat COVID-fatigue experienced by K-12 remote learners.
- The Crimson Project: providing free legal services for low-level offense expungement.
- Project F.E.E.D(r): Addressing food insecurity by providing USDA and pre-packaged food boxes at drive-thru and pop up food distribution sites
- Project Warmth(r): Providing free pop-up tents, clothing and toiletries to homeless clients.
- Lava Love(r): Mobile shower units providing clean water, showers clothing and barbering services to homeless clients.
336 Oakwood AvenueOrangeCity of Orange, NJ 07050
February 28, 2023