We're sorry, this opportunity is no longer active.
Please find other opportunities.Find Opportunities
Spots available: 10+
#WeBelieveSurvivors SPEAK 5K & FUN WALK Event Volunteers
ORGANIZATION: Safe+Sound Somerset
Please visit the new page to apply.
Spots available: 10+
Location: Duke Island Park, Bridgewater, NJ Start Date/Time: October 2, 2022 7:30 A.M. - 12:30 P.M.
Click here to sign-up to volunteer:
Adult Volunteer Sign-Up Link:
Teen Volunteer Sign-Up Link:
There will be a full morning of activities including:
- A Competitive 5K Run, sanctioned by the USTAF and with prizes by age brackets for women’s and men’s divisions.
- New Fun Walkfor individuals and teams, with awards for fundraising, creativity in outfits, and spirit!
- New Action Passfor participants to earn entries to win our Raffle Prize by completing awareness and prevention activities.
- Expanded Vendor/Sponsor Marketplace.
- And Kid Village with games and activities, Refreshments, and DJ/Entertainment!
9:00 AM - Registration & Activities
9:45 AM - First Call for SPEAK 5K Run and Fun Walk
10:15 AM - Opening Ceremony
10:30 AM - Start of SPEAK 5K Run and Fun Walk
11:15 AM - Race Results, Awards & Closing Ceremony
No additional volunteer opportunities at this time.
About Safe+Sound Somerset
427 Homestead Road, Hillsborough, NJ 08844, US
Empower Survivors of Domestic Abuse and engage the community to break the cycle of violence.
Safe+Sound Somerset was founded more than 35 years ago, when a small group of volunteers decided that they wanted to help survivors of domestic abuse find safety, heal and establish a life free from abuse.
To this day, we continue to rely on dedicated volunteers to achieve our mission.
Safe+Sound Somerset provides all volunteers with 40 hours of training.
Volunteer opportunities include:
- Legal Advocate
- Hotline Counselor
- Domestic Violence Response Team
- Community Educator
- Youth Programs Assistant
- Food Shopper
- Office Support
- Life Skills Mentor
- Event Planner
191 Old York RoadBridgewater Township, NJ 08807
September 15, 2022