ORGANIZATION: RPG RESEARCH
Please visit the new page to apply.
Your choice if you prefer either fully on-site or a hybrid mix of remote and on-site. Candidates must reside in Washington State. Able to periodically come to our HQ in Spokane, Washington at least once per week. Can be 80% remote work. This is an unpaid volunteer position. Internships may be available depending on your institution. This is for a local 501(c)3 non-profit charity. Very flexible hours. Part-time.
We have three positions available for this role.
We need to fill the roles at the:
- Assistant (entry-level)
- Manager (3-5 years experience)
- Director levels (5+ years experience).
DIRECT APPLICATION FORM:
Assist, or take the lead, managing RPG Research's volunteer engagement strategy as a Volunteer Coordinator. Part-time (4 to 6 hours per week (no more than 10), locally and remotely manage RPG Research's volunteers.
Most volunteers at RPG Research have full-time jobs, school, family, etc., so we are very understanding and flexible about scheduling and variability of availability as life happens week to week. All of our volunteer staff, including executives, board, founders, etc., are unpaid volunteers. We are 100% volunteer-run.
- Responsibilities Average 4 to 6 hours per week (no more than 10 hours per week).
- Very flexible schedule (set your own hours).
- Use our Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) platform to post and manage volunteer opportunities and applicants. (we will train)
- Assist existing team member or step up to become manager or director of the department.
- Post and manage recruitment process to fill needed volunteer positions
- Manage new volunteer applications initial screening and routing to correct interviewing managers or department heads.
- Manage routing & tracking of application process, interview scheduling, and follow up on interview results.
- Stay on top of "onboarding", and "offboarding" of volunteer staff, sending reminders and pointing them in the right direction to enable their work.
- Implement volunteer recruitment strategies, manage and grow the existing volunteer programs and partnerships with schools, communities, media, etc.
- Connect with universities to meet their degree requirements encouraging students to meet their intern and volunteer hours by volunteering at RPG Research.
- Stay on top of regulations requirements, documentation, etc.
- Will train appropriate candidates as needed.
- 100% unpaid volunteer-run organization at all levels.
- RPG Research is 100% volunteer run. Not a single member of staff, including the founders, make any money through RPG Research, we are here to serve.
- We stress that all of our volunteers must be careful to not overload on commitments or hours, so they are encouraged to remain with the organization year-after-year, rather than the typical volunteer model at other organizations that tends to burn them out. We try to keep all volunteers to an average of around only 4 to 6 hours per week, with a maximum of 10 hours per week, using a distributed teams work-load model. We have many volunteers that have been with us for 4+ years because it is such a welcome environment and everyone loves what they are doing and supportive of each other and life balance.
- Our programs support a wide range of populations, from 2 years old through senior adults, including people with disabilities, brain injuries, and neurodifferences.
- Our staff comes from a wide range of populations, cultures, disciplines, interests, and languages.
- Many of our volunteer staff members have a variety of disabilities, brain injuries, or neurodifferences, so compassion, considerate patience, and sometimes repeated follow-up is critically important to keep things running.
- Strong work ethic (reliability)
- Strong communicator (keep in the loop)
- High resilience.
- Adaptive to dynamically changing environment.
- Highly patient and compassionate.
- Our staff and participants report that being here is like "coming home to the safest and most welcoming place they know.". We want to always maintain that warmth of welcomeness.
- Well organized in the face of a sometime chaotic environment during some peak periods (summer is very busy).
- Passionate about our Mission, Vision, and Impact (see our website https://rpgresearch.com/mission /vision /impact respectively ).
- Willingness to commit to 6 month minimum as assistant volunteer coordinator or 1 year at the manager/director level, and always try to recruit and train a replacement if transitioning away.
- Commit to an average of 4 to 6 hours per week (flexible schedule), no more than 10.
- Must pass background check.
- Will train at any level, and for entry-level slot no prior experience necessary, prefer someone with 1+ years experience for the management and director-level slots.
- For entry-level position must be 14 years or older. Minors will need additional paperwork releases completed by parents/guardians.
- For manager and director level positions must be 18 years or older.
DIRECT APPLICATION FORM:
Pay: 0 (volunteer)
Email: info at rpgresearch dot com
Phone/text: (509) 608-7630
Desired Skills and Experience This position requires the following skills: Administrative Support, CSR / Volunteer Coordination, Human Resources Assistance, Recruiting, Resource Development / Management
About RPG RESEARCH
1312 N MONRE ST STE 114, SPOKANE, WA 99201, US
1) Clearly establish, through rigorous science the effects of: music & all role-playing game (RPG) formats: TRPG, LRPG, ERPG, & HRPG. Significant emphasis is placed on contributing to the body of causal research information. 2) Using multidisciplinary research, evidence-based & theory-based approaches, we assess, design, develop, implement & evaluate programs using music & RPG formats as intervention modalities for participants to achieve their recreational, educational, professional, & therapeutic goals. 3) Based on funding, staffing, & resources, RPG Research provides services to individuals, population groups, & communities where they benefit most from our programs, & advocate for accessibility & inclusiveness, especially those in under-served & un-served areas. 4) Whenever legally & ethically possible, all research information freely & openly shared with the public to help further advance the global body of knowledge & overall improve the experience of the human condition.
We improve lives around the world through research & community programs using the power of accessible & inclusive music & role-playing games (RPG). Multidisciplinary sources setting standards for safety & accessibility, training people worldwide.
RPG Research is an international 501(c)3 non-profit human services charitable organization with volunteers across 5 continents.
Working with RPGs since '77, & researching their effects since '83. Educational & therapeutic use of RPGs since '85. Open online research repository since '04.
Incorporated in 2017.
In 2018 we had 10 regular volunteers.
As of March 2020 we hit over #120!
We partner with many other organizations too!
RPG Fleet of wheelchair accessible mobile facilities, providing neurodiverse friendly, comfortable, environmentally controlled, mobile music & tabletop RPG rooms across the USA to under-served & un-served locations for those that benefit most!
We provide over 80 programs at GenCon in Indianapolis, IN, July 29 to August 2, for neurodiversity, visually impaired/blind, Deaf & hard-of-hearing, ages 5 through senior adults & everything in between.
Our multidisciplinary research-supported programs draw from therapeutic recreation, music, neuroscience, psychology, & other knowledge domains. Our community programs help people achieve educational, recreational, & therapeutic goals, measurably improving quality of life.
Our annual International RPG Researchers Conference July 10-12.
101 North Stone StreetSpokane, WA 99202
September 14, 2022
- Youth Services
- Human Resources Recruitment
- CSR / Volunteer Coordination
- Community Outreach
- Resource Development / Management
- People 55+
- Background Check
- Orientation or Training
- Average 3 to 8 hours per week.