28 people are interested
Gift Shop Ambassador
ORGANIZATION: Sarasota Memorial Hospital - Sarasota Campus
Please visit the new page to apply.
28 people are interested
We are looking for volunteers to fill openings as follows:
- Friday's 8:30 AM - 12:30 PM - 1 person needed and **** biggest priority!!!!
- Friday's 12:30 PM - 4:30 PM - 1 person needed
- Wednesday's 12:30 PM - 4:30 PM - 1 person needed
- Thursday's 12:30 PM - 4:30 PM - 1 person needed
Gift Shop Ambassadors assist our Gift Shop Management team in the sale of new merchandise and providing customer service, in a friendly and professional manner, to patients, visitors, and staff. Some of the specific duties are listed below.
- Volunteers working in the morning shift will assist with the opening of the gift shop, including readying the cash registers, opening the doors, and turning on lights.
- Evening volunteers will assist with Gift Shop closing procedures, including emptying trash, removing left over daily papers, and closing procedures of the cash registers.
- Upon arrival for your designated shift, please report to the Gift Shop staff. Be sure you inform a gift shop staff member or fellow volunteer before leaving the shop. Never leave the shop unattended.
- Greet customers entering the shop and offer assistance.
- The volunteer will act as cashier and as knowledgeable sales associate to offer suggestions of gift ideas for purchase by our customers.
- Gift shop volunteers may be asked to assist with the receiving and tagging of inventory stock as necessary as well as delivery of items to patients and staff. All volunteers are asked to help keep the Gift Shop clean and stocked.
- Walk the sales floor at the start of each shift to be aware of new merchandise and sales in progress.
- Greet each customer and make eye contact.
- Assist in receiving new merchandise by verifying items and quantity, double checking correct price tag to correct item, and organizing items for back stock.
- Replenish candy and sundry items, rotating stock by placing fresh items at the back. Keep back storage room tidy when replenishing candy and sundries.
- Straighten greeting cards, keeping the racks neat.
- Keep counters neat and tidy.
- Daily cleaning of glass counters, jewelry cases, and windows with Windex.
- Dusting of shelves and displays.
- Replace bags and supplies at both registers. Also have tissue and additional bags at the gift wrap area.
- Replace all items sold as soon as possible after each sales transaction.
- Other assignments as deemed necessary by management.
- Inform management of merchandise out of stock or if inventory counts are low. Especially everyday items such as candy, sundries or fast selling items.
About Sarasota Memorial Hospital - Sarasota Campus
1700 S. Tamiami Trail, Sarasota, FL 34239, US
Sarasota Memorial strives to provide healthcare services that excel in caring, quality and innovation.
Sarasota Memorial Hospital-Sarasota Campus, is the flagship 895-bed, acute-care hospital and 8-story Brian D. Jellison Cancer Institute Oncology Tower, is the only hospital in Sarasota County providing obstetrical services, pediatrics, Level III neonatal intensive care, psychiatric services for patients of all ages and a Level II Trauma Center.
1700 S. Tamiami TrailSarasota, FL 34239
November 7, 2023
- Sales Marketing
- Interior Design
- Customer Service
- Basic Computer Skills
- People Skills
- People 55+
- Background Check
- Must be at least 14
- Orientation or Training
- One four hour shift per week for six consecutive months or 100 hours of service, which ever comes first.