DONATE TO THIS
4 people are interested
ORGANIZATION: BOMB TECHS WITHOUT BORDERS
Please visit the new page to apply.
DONATE TO THIS
4 people are interested
Join Our Team!
Bomb Techs Without Borders is a humanitarian demining non-profit founded in 2018. Our mission is to eliminate casualties caused by landmines and explosive remnants of war through explosive ordnance risk education, global awareness campaigns, technical advisory, and training.
We are looking for a Web Designer to support the continuous improvement of our external website, internal systems, and future non-profit initiatives. You will be responsible for maintaining and improving the front and back-end structure, configuration, and coding of the organization’s websites and any associated platforms. This role requires an individual who possesses active communication skills and is highly organized. You will provide your expertise to create a cohesive organizational image in furtherance of our nonprofit’s goals.
As a Web designer, we expect you to be comfortable with website design principles and utilizing website builders such as Squarespace to manage our organization’s website.
Ultimately, you should be able to elevate and maintain our existing systems and help develop new ones to achieve our organization’s goals.
As a volunteer, you have full control over your schedule. However, given the demands of the organization we are expecting at least 1-2 hours per week to support project requirements.
**Note that this and all positions within the organization are volunteer-based and are not currently financially compensated.
- Hands-on experience with website builders such as Squarespace, Wix, or WordPress. We currently use Squarespace and Wix so direct experience with the platforms are a plus.
- Solid understanding of the principles & tools associated with web design and development.
- Experience with website design and graphic design skills preferred
- Experience with UX and UI principles and user-experience testing
- Experience with search engine optimization principles & concepts
- Solid time-management abilities with the ability to prioritize tasks and work independently
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Have a solid grasp of - and commitment to - our mission and vision
- Demonstrate a collaborative spirit and ability to thrive in a start-up environment
- Communicating with team-members to ensure alignment with strategic goals
- Configuring and managing Bomb Tech Without Borders website(s) while communicating with the Web Developer to convey a cohesive organizational image
- Creating new web pages or modifying existing layouts and content based on requests from other team members
- Creating new graphic design content to support ongoing efforts or specific campaigns
- Implementing new processes and workflows to support public relations, donor engagement, and volunteer onboarding via our website
- Improving the overall user experience of the Bomb Techs Without Borders website
- Planning and conduct of any testing or debugging as needed
- Optimization of web content for slower, third-world internet connections
- Improving Search Engine Optimization (SEO) for any web pages
- Development or querying of databases to help improve visual elements of webpages
- Learn the details of nonprofit operations in an up-and-coming organization
- Develop new skills and gain valuable experience
- Work on a flexible, part-time volunteer basis
- Have fun while you make a difference
- Exposure to other organizations in our space through collaborative projects and programs.
About BOMB TECHS WITHOUT BORDERS
5608 17th Ave NW, Suite 1581, Seattle, WA 98107, US
Prevent the death, dismemberment, and suffering of people caused by explosive remnants of conflict
Bomb Techs Without Borders is a humanitarian de-mining non-profit founded in 2018. Our mission is to improve the world by clearing former war zones of unexploded ordnance, bombs, and explosive remnants of war by investing in economic development and through explosive ordnance risk education efforts.
This is a Virtual Opportunity with no fixed address.
September 13, 2022
- Website Programming
- Web Design
- Web Design / UX
- Basic Computer Skills
- PC Platform
- Background Check
- 1-2 hours per week but this may change depending on org requirements.