1 person is interested
Howard Area Family Center Facilities Assistant
Please visit the new page to apply.
1 person is interested
Facilities Volunteer Position Description
Facilities Volunteer Duties:
Facilities Volunteers will assist the Building Manager and Classroom teachers. Specific tasks and activities include:
- Support Classroom laundry schedule
- Clean windows, doors and glass in all areas (inside and outside if the weather permits)
- Wash, disinfect and organize toys in common areas
- Dusting and cleaning ceiling, air conditioning vents, lamps and walls
- Clean exterior areas (including the south and north play yards)
- Cleaning and disinfecting garbage bins in classrooms and common areas
- Paint indoor and outdoor walls (if the weather permits)
- Organize closets
- Other tasks as assigned.
- Commitment to the mission and values of Howard Area Family Center and enthusiasm for working with children. No prior childcare experience is required.
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively with HAFC staff, parents and children.
- Ability to lift items (10-30lbs)
- Must be at least 16 years of age
All classroom volunteers will report to the Building Manager.
All volunteers will be required to sign in and out every time that they come to the Center and inform the Building Manager of their departure.
If you are interested, please complete the volunteer application at:
For questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
No additional volunteer opportunities at this time.
About Metropolitan Family Services Howard Evanston Community Center
7648 N. Paulina, Chicago, IL 60626, US
The mission of Metropolitan Family Services Howard Evanston Community Center is to assist low-income individuals and families in the greater Rogers Park and adjacent communities to stabilize their lives and to develop the social skills necessary to become effective community members
Metropolitan Family Services Howard Evanston Community Center (HECC) is a social service agency that provides free education, employment, and health assistance programs for the greater Rogers Park area. Many of HECC’s services are life-sustaining. Individuals and families set their own goals, and HECC is here to lend a helping hand along their journey to success.
7510 North Ashland AvenueChicago, IL 60626
June 29, 2023
- Child Care
- Facilities Management
- Child Development
- Must be at least 16
- We do not have a specific time commitment for this role, however, due to the lengthy background check, we appreciate regular volunteers.