1 person is interested
ERA Volunteer (Tampa Bay)
ORGANIZATION: United Way Suncoast Financial Coaching
Please visit the new page to apply.
1 person is interested
With rent prices at an all-time high, the average family is more likely to become rent-cost burdened or face eviction. United Way Suncoast has devoted $3 million towards addressing this crisis and created a dashboard that provides up-to-date rental prices, evictions, and Emergency Rental Assistance (ERA). Partner with United Way Suncoast to address the eviction crisis in our community by volunteering your time.
Volunteers will receive navigation training from United Way Suncoast that is designed to support families and individuals applying for rental assistance. Duties include sharing knowledge, removing barriers and assisting in the technical steps required to accurately apply and receive rental assistance.
- No prior skills are needed, as training is provided.
- We ask for a commitment of 4 hours per month (one-hour increments) and shifts are flexible to each volunteer’s availability.
- Meetings are scheduled Monday-Sunday from 8am-8pm.
- All meetings are held virtually, so volunteers will need access to a computer/laptop with reliable internet access.
- General experience using a computer/laptop and navigating a virtual environment is necessary.
About United Way Suncoast Financial Coaching
5201 W Kennedy Blvd #600, Tampa, FL 33609, US
United Way Suncoast provides pathways to education and financial stability that create better opportunities for everyone in our community.
Community Members who are in a position to make changes and improve their financial wellness are paired with dedicated volunteer coaches. Together, they develop a plan of action that will help the member achieve their financial goals. With support from a personal financial coach, community members can maintain a spending plan, save for a new car or home, start an emergency savings or vacation fund, maximize their tax refund, review their credit report and increase their score, create a debt management plan, understand financial products and services, align their financial goals with professional and personal goals, and so much more
Multiple locations Tampa, FL 33609
September 12, 2022
- People Skills
- Problem Solving
- Reading Comprehension
- Verbal / Written Communication
- People 55+
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- Virtual appointments are available from 8AM - 8PM every day of the week and are in 1-hour blocks. Volunteers can opt to be available for as many blocks as they would prefer.
- Volunteers receive a 1-hour prerecorded training and informational materials to support their assistance. They also receive support from the program manager to resolve any issues or questions.