Volunteer/Internship: Non-profit Kokua Services
ORGANIZATION: Kokua Services
Please visit the new page to apply.
Volunteer /Internship Position -Office Assistant
Kokua welcomes volunteers to help with the daily running of our agency.
Volunteers will support different departments with everyday business tasks or with a special project.
A bit about Kokua!
Kokua is a non-profit residential support services agency. We are proud to be in our 32nd year of supporting adults with developmental disabilities in Thurston County. Kokua means to help, give aid or assistance. Kokua also denotes a spirit of generosity, even self-sacrifice. Hawaiian culture places a high value on social interdependence as a necessity for maintaining the health of the community.
If you ever wanted to be part of a dynamic and positive team, Kokua is the place to volunteer! We have earned a reputation as an innovative, collaborative organization that actively advocates for the rights of individuals with disabilities.
Your volunteer time would make a real difference in the community and in the lives of those we serve.
- Pass an FBI background check
- Fill out a volunteer application
- Comfortable using a copier, Windows, Microsoft Office, and E-mail.
- Good organizational skills and the ability to handle multiple tasks.
- Able to manage a project with goals and deadlines.
Volunteers will be working during regular business hours Monday-Friday 8:00a-4:00p. Some tasks have monthly deadlines while other tasks provide more flexibility. Volunteers can cerate a schedule, so tasks are completed on time with a schedule that works for them.
We would like to have long-term volunteers with a minimum commitment of at least five hours per week for three months.
Our greatest need:
- Finance department: Assistance with bill paying, shopping, support with an internal audit, bookkeeping, general financial paperwork, reconcile bank statements, etc.
- Health department with filing, archiving and depending on skill set can help with plan writing and organizing the office.
Work Cell: 360.790.5892
No additional volunteer opportunities at this time.
About Kokua Services
1226 Carpenter Rd. SE Suite B1, Lacey, WA 98501, US
Our mission is to provide individuals with disabilities the support needed to live full and meaningful lives.
Kokua is proud to be in our 32nd of proving respectful Supported Living Services. We have grown as an organization by listening carefully to the individuals we support. They lead; we follow.
We are also proud of our outreach into the community, especially our LEAD (Literacy and Education for Adults with Disabilities) program, which has grown from our strong and long-standing partnership with The Evergreen State College and has branched out at Saint Martin’s University. Our 2015 class matched 13 learner and tutor pairs and in 2018, we grew to 28 learning pairs at three campuses! In addition to LEAD, we are proud to offer hummingbird studio, a free and inclusive community arts pace where art belongs to everyone, regardless of experience or ability. We believe that creating art together is vital to a healthy, vibrant, and inclusive community.
1226 Carpenter Road SE Suite B1Lacey, WA 98503
September 12, 2022
- Administrative Support
- Data Entry
- Social Work
- People 55+
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Volunteers will be working during regular business hours Monday-Friday 8:00a-4:00p. We would like to have long-term volunteers with a minimum commitment of at least five hours per week for three months.
- FBI background check, application and orientation.