17 people are interested
Volunteer Financial Coach (Sarasota-Manatee)
ORGANIZATION: United Way Suncoast
Please visit the new page to apply.
17 people are interested
Are you passionate about financial knowledge, skills and access? You can uplift and support community members by contributing your talents!
As a Financial Coach, you will be a source of accountability and encouragement for your coaching partner. United Way Suncoast will provide virtual training in motivational interviewing, coaching techniques, financial technology, and additional opportunities to expand your knowledge. Since formal background in financial education is not required, informal education or personal experience is acceptable. Most importantly, you must by ready to embrace the diverse cultures, values and personalities of the community members who seek financial coaching.
Financial Coaches should have the following capabilities:
- Financial literacy foundation: understand basic concepts relevant to common financial goals such as budgeting, saving, credit and debt.
- Knowledge-seeking & sharing: willing to acquire new information as needed to learn alongside your coaching partner.
- Financial technology: comfortable using an online platform to track data and support your partner’s action plan.
- Customer service: exercise patience and sensitivity with the coaching process; maintain confidentiality with personal information.
- Flexible schedule: work with your partner to decide your own schedule by conducting virtual sessions* through online video platform or phone call. Commitment is one hour per month for a minimum of 6 months.
- Build trust & financial wellness: training and background check is required for all volunteers.
Apply at https://volunteersuncoast.org/coaching.
About United Way Suncoast
4925 Independence Parkway, Suite 120, Tampa, FL 33634, US
To provide leadership that improves lives and creates lasting community change by mobilizing the caring people of our communities to give, advocate, and volunteer. Serves DeSoto, Hillsborough, Pinellas, and Sarasota Counties.
United Way Suncoast Strategic Plan is to " Break the cycle of generational poverty through educational programs that give children the skills to succeed and help adults achieve long-term financial stability so they can support themselves and their families."Working together with volunteers, agency partners, community leaders and key stakeholders, the plan focuses on three priority impact areas:
- Early Literacy - If a child isn’t reading at grade level by 4th grade, s/he is four times more likely to drop out of school.
- Youth Success - A child who doesn’t graduate from high school earns 75% less than peers who do.
- Financial Stability - Building financial knowledge and employability skills help create more stable and secure households and communities.
In addition, we will continue funding aligned Support Services (health, food, shelter, etc) to help hard working individuals and families move past immediate crisis that may prevent them from participating in United Way programs that address their long-term needs.
Multiple locations Bradenton, FL 34212
October 16, 2023
- Financial Literacy
- Financial Planning
- Problem Solving
- Relationship Building
- Verbal / Written Communication
- People 55+
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- Volunteers should commit at least 1.5 hours per month. Coaching sessions are typically 1 full hour, but they can be as long or short as preferred by the coach and the member.
- In-house training is provided for all volunteers to learn about the people we serve, methods for coaching, and available resources. Training is completed through self-paced online modules. Volunteers also complete a free criminal background check.