3 people are interested
Volunteer Financial Coach (Tampa Bay)
ORGANIZATION: United Way Suncoast Financial Coaching
Please visit the new page to apply.
3 people are interested
Are you passionate about financial knowledge, skills and access? You can uplift and support community members by contributing your talents!
As a Financial Coach, you will be a source of accountability and encouragement for your coaching partner. United Way Suncoast will provide virtual training in motivational interviewing, coaching techniques, financial technology, and additional opportunities to expand your knowledge. Since formal background in financial education is not required, informal education or personal experience is acceptable. Most importantly, you must by ready to embrace the diverse cultures, values and personalities of the community members who seek financial coaching.
Financial Coaches should have the following capabilities:
- Financial literacy foundation: understand basic concepts relevant to common financial goals such as budgeting, saving, credit and debt.
- Knowledge-seeking & sharing: willing to acquire new information as needed to learn alongside your coaching partner.
- Financial technology: comfortable using an online platform to track data and support your partner’s action plan.
- Customer service: exercise patience and sensitivity with the coaching process; maintain confidentiality with personal information.
- Flexible schedule: work with your partner to decide your own schedule by conducting virtual sessions* through online video platform or phone call. Commitment is one hour per month for a minimum of 6 months.
- Build trust & financial wellness: training and background check is required for all volunteers.
Apply at https://volunteersuncoast.org/coaching.
About United Way Suncoast Financial Coaching
5201 W Kennedy Blvd #600, Tampa, FL 33609, US
United Way Suncoast provides pathways to education and financial stability that create better opportunities for everyone in our community.
Community Members who are in a position to make changes and improve their financial wellness are paired with dedicated volunteer coaches. Together, they develop a plan of action that will help the member achieve their financial goals. With support from a personal financial coach, community members can maintain a spending plan, save for a new car or home, start an emergency savings or vacation fund, maximize their tax refund, review their credit report and increase their score, create a debt management plan, understand financial products and services, align their financial goals with professional and personal goals, and so much more
Multiple locations Tampa, FL 33609
September 12, 2022
- Financial Literacy
- Financial Planning
- Problem Solving
- Relationship Building
- Verbal / Written Communication
- People 55+
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- Volunteers should commit at least 1.5 hours per month. Coaching sessions are typically 1 full hour, but they can be as long or short as preferred by the coach and the member.
- In-house training is provided for all volunteers to learn about the people we serve, methods for coaching, and available resources. Training is completed through self-paced online modules. Volunteers also complete a free criminal background check.