Be part of a community working towards the end of poverty (Grand Junction, CO)
Please visit the new page to apply.
RESULTS is a movement of passionate, committed everyday people. Together, we raise our voices in our local communities and across the country to call for solutions to poverty here in the US and across the world.
We live our values each day by working with leaders to pass policies that will lead to our vision of a world free of poverty. Our community of volunteers and staff across the United States support each other to take collective action together.
Learn more about our community of volunteers here: www.results.org/volunteer
Do you have a vision of a better, more equitable future?
You do not need to be a policy expert to make a difference at RESULTS. We will support you through training, mentoring, and monthly resources to learn the skills you need to be effective. The only thing necessary from you is a vision for a better future, the commitment to be part of the solution to poverty, and a few hours of time each month dedicated to taking advocacy actions.
By working together, we believe a better future is possible - a future where:
- All people have a safe, affordable place to call home
- Everyone can experience economic security
- No one is worried about where their next meal will come from
- All children receive a quality education
- People across the world have access to quality healthcare, nutrition, and education
Right now, this future is out of reach for too many people. Staggering inequality - driven by a history of oppressive policies - has created a world where too many people are held down and denied access to their basic rights and needs. We will not see a world free of poverty tomorrow unless we choose to take action and demand change today.
Read more about our anti-oppression values and how RESULTS volunteers make an impact here: www.results.org/volunteer
Are you willing to spare a few hours a month to be an advocate?
As a RESULTS advocate you will dedicate 4-6 hours / month taking advocacy actions like:
- Speaking with policymakers about problems in your community and solutions that can make a difference
- Publishing media to call attention to injustice in the world and solutions that need to happen
- Connecting with others in your community to build a powerful network of advocates working together for the end of poverty
Are you ready to make an impact and be part of the solution?
If you identify with the following, our volunteer opportunity is a perfect fit for you!
- You believe that all people, no matter where they live, should have access to basic human rights like affordable housing, nutritious food, and economic security.
- You are tired of seeing oppression and inequality create poverty in your community and long to see a future where your family, neighbors, and community can thrive.
- You are ready to step forward and be an active part of the solution.
- You are willing to go beyond voting, learn about policy solutions to poverty, develop effective advocacy skills, and spend a few hours each month taking action to make change happen.
If you are ready to make an impact, RESULTS is eager to support you!
You can take the next step today. Learn more about what you can do as a RESULTS volunteer and sign up to take action: www.results.org/volunteer
1101 15th Street NW, Suite 1200, Washington, DC 20005, US
Multiple locations Grand Junction, CO 81501
September 12, 2022
- People Skills
- Relationship Building
- Verbal / Written Communication
- Orientation or Training
- 4-6 hours / month minimum. More hours available if desired!
- Volunteer hours are flexible and happen on weekdays, weekends, daytime hours, and evening hours. Must be at least 18 years old.